Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes a beam heading chart for vhf simplex  (Read 2043 times)
NC4XX

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2012, 10:29:44 PM »

I live in central/eastern NC and wondering if anybody makes a beam heading chart from my qth? Now this would be used as vhf simplex. I would need only few states that surrounds my state of NC. Like from my qth to Roanoke VA.
  Thanks, Don  NC4XX
KE4VVF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »

NS6T maps work for me.  I use a world map, 4000k, 2000k and 1000k map to cover all the bases.  His program creates a pdf for you to print and is customizable. Get your lat x long from your QRZ page for the required input.

Remember these maps will show True North headings which is different from compass headings.

http://ns6t.net/azimuth/azimuth.html
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »

ChecK out W3KM's contest logger.  You store your 6 character grid square in the setup.  Then when you enter the call of the contact it grabs their 6 character grid square and gives you a pretty accurate heading. It's free.
KC2RGW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »

Look anyone up on QRZ, click the 'details' tab and it will give you the heading.
W4JST

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 03:57:09 PM »

NC4XX, are you referring to FM? I just made a new post trying to see who is on 2 meter FM simplex and what their setup is. You can let me know here, or see my new post and respond there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: