Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You can work the world on 5 watts  (Read 25521 times)
ND1W

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2012, 03:51:35 AM »

Interesting discussion!

I'm not interested in contests or awards. Rather, I'm just interested in the fun of amateur radio! Smiley To me, QRP just seems like the equivalent of a treasure hunt, where you have to work and dig to find what you're after, but it's very rewarding when you do.

I know I won't limit myself. Eventually I'll turn up the power and work that end of things, too. I sure do like the idea of setting up a little portable rig out in a field under a nice shade tree with a wire thrown up over it, though! Even when you get no bites, fishing is still a lot of fun. Smiley

My sentiments exactly!!
I just got back from a week long camping trip, had my 817 set up on the picnic table with a 3 band dipole (10-15-20m) hanging vertically about 25 feet in a tree. Although the elevation of the campsite was only about 250' and it is heavily forested I still managed to contact the Ukraine, Belgium, France, and Italy as well as many states. It wasn't easy but making those contacts under far less than ideal conditions was AWESOME!!
Needless to say I had a lot more luck QRP'ing than fishing!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: