Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the station on 530 KHz?  (Read 23884 times)
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 05:58:12 AM »

About noon. Was also listening coming back into St Louis. Started detecting the Illinois traffic advisory station about the same location, west of Wentzville.  That was about 8 PM last evening around sunset.
KC9TNH

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 06:09:21 AM »

Seems that part of the spectrum (and the nearby 600 meter ham band) propagates pretty well  And I was listening with a standard non-resonant car-radio antenna. Smiley
I recall reading that the 500kHz CW traffic that went between the (on-fire) Prinsendam and the tanker Williamsburgh (and anyone else who would listen) in the Gulf of Alaska was picked up all the way down in Australia.

Wes -KC9TNH
"Don't get treed by a chihuahua." - Pete
KJ4PR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 06:58:40 PM »

530 is in Cuba. I live near Key West Fl and can receive it day and night any time. Good music and very little talk.

WB2BJH

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »

In the Eastern half of the US, there is Radio Vision Cristiana, which broadcasts religious programs, many in Spanish. Or, if it's non-religious with music and talk, it might be Radio Enciclopedia, from Cuba. There's also another station but less powerful, R. Rebelde also in Cuba. R. Rebelde is a Cuban network, but factual information about Cuban stations other than what we DX'ers hear is mostly unavailable.
This may help with a couple of prior questions.

Russ
near Philadelphia, PA
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 04:03:55 AM »

That's strange that a traffic service would use 530khz. And to be heard a long distance!
When conditions are right, the AM band really shines. The CCRadio is great. The beauty of the low end of the band is that fading is not too bad, except for mother nature.
I wonder if a magnetic loop antenna can null out some of the stations on a desired freq so you can listen to the Cuban station. I'll try here in Western Pa. and give a listen for some nice audio. Usually Spanish music is very nice.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: