Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood MC-60a  (Read 823 times)
ALVOID54

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2012, 04:58:43 PM »

Hello, I have a question. I had a cb radio shop make me a cord to go from my Kenwwod MC-60A microphone to my Magnum s45hp radio. I plugged the cord into my mc-60a and the 6-pin side of the cord into my magnum s45hp. The microphone did not work properly, so I unhooked the mic. I took the mic plugs on the cord apart and I found that the tech from the cb shop had put a wire on the life pin of the cord so I inadvertantly fed 13.8 volts from the radio into the mic (which calls for 8 volts). Did I damage the microphone by doing that? Any replies would be very appreciated. Thank you.
KB5ZSM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 01:12:21 AM »

I would tend to doubt that you hurt it as long as it wasn't connected for a long time. The input voltage is fed through a voltage regulator before it is fed to the amplifier and this regulator (although simple in design) should have been able to handle that for a few minutes at least. Only Way to find out for sure is to correct the wiring and try it again (unless you have test equipment to test it out of circuit).

Cross the fingers,
Win (KB5ZSM)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: