Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for brand name of my lost HT external antenna.  (Read 1909 times)
W7KSO

Ignore
« on: May 10, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »

Hello,

I have lost my HT external antenna, and want to replace it with the same make of antenna..  The appearance is as follows:

It is a telescopic antenna, for 2 Mtrs and 70 cm, approximately 12 inches long when collapsed and approximately 3 to 4 ft long when externded.  It has an SMA base.  It is basically black plastic, with a brass ring aound the bottom at the connector and another about a foot above the base when not extended.  When extended, the center brass ring is located at about one third of the total length.  It has two extension portions, one at the lower end for about one third of the total length,and the upper extension is about two thirds of the total length when fully extended.  There are no manufacturer's markings on it that I could find.  It fell out of the car when not being used and is lost.  I know that the description isn't much, but that's all I have.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.
AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22:58 PM »

This one?

http://www.pryme.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2155
W7KSO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 01:53:05 PM »

Thank you.  It probably is the one.
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 10:12:12 AM »

Yep - Used to be distributed by ANLI - but now the Pryme AL-800.

Another great performer is the Smiley 270A - also a collapsible metal antenna. Models available for SMA or BNC antennas. Not quite the performer on 2M as the AL-800 ... but it out-performs antennas that cost a lot more than its does!

Clint K6LCS

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: