Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 321 radio and ldg autotuner  (Read 912 times)
G4REK

Ignore
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:55:01 PM »

Hi,
      My Clansman 321 radio puts a small dc voltage on the output rf socket this is to operate the meter on the matching manual atu.......will this cause problems when i use the LDG  aututuner with the Clansman 321 ...anyone know HuhHuh

Jim g4rek

KB5ZSM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »

My guess would be 'No', but You could always send an email to LDG and get their opinion.

http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/8/contact-us

Hope this helps.

Win (KB5ZSM)
G4REK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 01:55:54 AM »

Yes unfortunately LDG do not reply to any emails i have sent them in the past........
       jm g4rek
G8JNJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 08:55:37 AM »

You could check the input to the tuner with an ohmeter. See if there is a DC path between the inner and outer of the RF connector.

If you wish to be really safe why not open up the tuner and put a 0.1uF disc ceramic capacitor in series between the center pin of the input RF connector, and the lead that was originally connected to it that goes to the main PCB ?

It would be very easy to restore the tuner back to its original condition if you ever wanted to sell it.

I use an LDG Z11Pro in conjunction with a PRC 320 and it works very well.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

www.g8jnj.webs.com
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »

There were similar concerns about the Yaesu FT-450 used with LDG autotuners.   The FT-450 would send a DC voltage down the coax to run a mobile auto-tuning antenna.

Some people worried about tuner damage, but most of us just ignored the situation.  As far as I know, nobody ever reported a damaged tuner.

There's an LDG support forum on Yahoo Groups.  It used to be monitored by LDG, and there are lots of people, with lots of experience, who participate.

Charles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: