Take note of all of the above posts, very sensible advice.
I did not take it two years ago, when drilling a hole in the roof space, hit an electrical cable, created a short term spark transmitter,
and put my foot through the ceiling when jumping back.
It sounds like a bad comedy spoof, but a lot of my life has turned out like that.
Safety first, always.
73s - Rob
That will cost me some time to clean the coffee out of my keyboard, thanks a bunch.
I remember my first experience with AC power when I got my first house. Being a farm kid and not very
attentive when dad was telling me stuff I didn't learn much about electricity except that which pertained to automotive electrical systems.
Imagine my suprise when I discovered the black wire in my house wasn't a ground I could just grab and shove back in the box.
Should have listened to dad when he told me to trip the breakers before I worked on changing the lights out. Live and learn, hopefully.