Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRD Logbook and QRZ - eQSL  (Read 4578 times)
KR4VT

Ignore
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »

I'm sure tis has been covered bu I can't seem to find it.  Why is the QRZ.com button on my Logbook's menu bar greyed out?
I have a current QRZ subscription and I have configure it in Callsign Lookup. When I am adding a new contact the callsign lookup works fine.

I guess the next question is what the button on the menu bar does.

What I am looking to do is use HRD Logbook to directly log entries and hopefully have that link (realtime if possible) to QRZ logbook and eQSL, just to keep it all current.
KR4VT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:28:54 PM »

Not sure what I did but the QRZ menu button is now working and it appears to be another spot to initiate a lookup.

So my question should be: Is there a way to get a QSO record entered into HRD Logbook to automatically be loaded into QRZ.com and eQSL or do I have to do ADIF exports at the end of the day/week/etc.

Also I just try to upload from HRD to LOTW and ran into several errors, questions. Id there a step-by-step direction anywhere on that process?

Tnx,  Bob
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:17:02 AM »

Which version of HRD are you using?  I know N4nyy did a very nice pdf file (I think pdf) and posted it on e ham but cant find it.
As far as eqsl you need to set that up as well by putting in your user name and password into hrd.  Same thing goes for lotw but you also need to tell it where your authenticating signature file is located.  I'll see if I can find Vinny's file on my computer and email it to you. You can go to the ARRL web site and hopefully find the info you need there.  I tried but it seemed a bit confusing.
73 and good luck
de Rick wn2c

KR4VT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »

I'm away from my pc but I think it is 5.1.  I downloaded and installed it last week.

I found the tab for eQSL and put my info in it but it does not create a eQSL entry when I add a new record in HRD.  That is the part I cannot find info on, I will look at ARRL for LOTW directions.......

TNX, Bob
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:56:12 AM »

Open HRD logbook and under the logbook tab you have the LOTW and eQsl upload/download.  You have to enter the info in the required fields and click the save password. The same thing for LOTW but you need to put in the location of the TQSL executable file which is probably in c:\programs\tqsl86...

Hope this helps
de Rick wn2c
N4IAG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »

I'm away from my pc but I think it is 5.1.  I downloaded and installed it last week.

I found the tab for eQSL and put my info in it but it does not create a eQSL entry when I add a new record in HRD.  That is the part I cannot find info on, I will look at ARRL for LOTW directions.......

TNX, Bob

In my version (5.11) go to Tools>Configure>eQSL.cc, add your user name and pw and tick the 'upload every time an entry is added' box. Or upload them manually by right clicking on a log entry(s) and select eQSL.cc  upload.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
KR4VT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 04:58:16 AM »

That check box is what I was overlooking.

Thanks and 73,

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: