Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: very happy with DX Engineering  (Read 5223 times)
BOOTYMONSTER

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »

i've bought tubing from them a few time for antenna projects and phone service is very good , shipping was only a few days and most importantly my tubing was in perfect shape when delivered . my only complaint is their hose clamps can't be tightened down much , the ones at lowes are better ... but i would up home brewing my own clamps for securing the tubing Wink .

they made me a happy fat man Smiley
KG4FJH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:25:27 PM »

+1 for DX Engineering.  I've done business with them many times and have ALWAYS had an EXCELLENT experience!  They have never screwed up an order, always ship when the say they will, package EXTREMELY well (I've never received anything damaged), and are a pleasure to deal with if something goes wrong and a return is necessary (I've had to return a few MFJ items bought through them...imagine that. :-).  Also, the stuff they manufacture is great quality.

A+++ for DX Engineering.  I'll be a loyal customer for many years to come.

David, AG4F
VA3KBC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 04:14:05 PM »

Wink I have ordered several items from DX Engineering and had them shipped up here to Canada.
All items arrived in about 3 days!! Great service and reasonably priced.

VA3KBC
Don
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »

I am another happy customer of DX engineering.  My only gripe, they carry way too many MFJ products. 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:52:01 PM »

If I ever need to mail order anything, the first site I check is DXengineering.
I have only had good experiences with this company and can only speak highly about them.
They seem to exemplify the saying "the customer is always right", rather than the customer is a nuisance.
Some of the "old school" stores could learn a lot about the correlation between good customer service, and repeat business.
Remember, repeat sales are more about a good personal experience than prices alone, and good interpersonal skills don't cost much.
That being said, having a wide range of stores to choose from can only be beneficial to competition and prices.

73s - Rob
K8JHR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 03:48:26 AM »

I am very pleased with DX-Engineering. 

1)  The sales staff is patient and helpful.  They answer questions without rushing a guy off or giving short shrift to the question.   The willingness to follow up with what amounts to a dialog is especially helpful in helping the customer move from  question to selection and purchase of appropriate gear.

2)   Products are of high quality and suitable and appropriate for the task.  I have built several antennas, and rarely found the need to purchase parts from another vendor.  Theirstuff assembles, installs, and works as expected.

3)  Most important, I have received excellent service after the sale. For example, my 43 foot monopole arrived, missing one of the middle-sized tubes, and no end cap.   A phone call around Noon on one day, produced deliver of the missing parts by late afternoon the next day - from Ohio to West Michigan - you just cannot do better than that.   All other orders were received as expected.  Not bad considerin how many little parts I have ordered over the past few years. 
Stuff I purchased from DX-Engineering includes:

*  Loads of clamps, aluminum tubing, and mounting plates
*  43 foot multi band monopole antenna with tilt plate
*  Radial Plate with plastic lawn staples
*  8-position remote coax switch with deluxe controller
*  Coax cable and connectors
*  coax cable preparation tools - these are really helpful
*  4:1 Un-Un   and 4:1 current balun
*  DX-E  active receive antenna with special order coax

Just MY take, anyway...
================  James - K8JHR  ==================
W4HLN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:11 PM »

I've ordered quite a bit of equipment from DX Engineering. Their brand of vertical antenna's...tilt mounts and ground plates. If it's made by DX Engineering it's first rate quality!

Ernie / W4HLN
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »

I have bought a good number of things from DX Engineering. Also on time. Great service. If you have any questions they will answere quickly.
AB0RE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »

Ditto the kudos for DXE.  They've got some awesome products - their mast clamps and boom-to-mast plate are a dream come true.   They've got the best price on the Signalink USB.  They've always shipped every one of my orders very promptly (same day or next business day) and the order arrived promptly and well-packed.  I love thumbing through their catalog.  They've got it right.....  specialize in what they do best and let the other vendors handle the other nickel & dime aspects of the hobby.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 05:39:43 PM »

Ditto. I bought an MFJ product from them that I wasn't happy with. They immediately shipped me another without asking me to pay for it, and gave me time to compare them. When I sent them both back, they refunded what I paid for it.

I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

N4WSH

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »

Another very satisfied customer with DX Engineering. I purchased their Hustler BTV6 package and I couldn't be happier with service during after the sale.
KC8TLF

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 01:46:54 AM »

I'm more than impressed with DX Engineering. Every time I order it comes the next day. I forgot to put the date in when I made an order and they called me to fix it. Everything has been well packed and top quality. The PL259s I bought from them seem higher quality than the ones I got from other sources.
Some of the other ham radio sources have taken up to a week and a half and are in the same state. On top of that, some of them charge a rediculous amount for the shipping. My only complaint is they don't always have everything I need so I end having to order from somewhere else that makes me unhappy.
NR9R

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »

This has become my new favorite place to order from.  They have a great website and professional service.  Everything has been shipped promptly, every email has been responded to, and my return has been accommodated beyond the written policy.  There are many amateur radio hobby-business e-stores with low quality websites (some using the modem BBS model style with order-form that doesn't even total your merchandise) and mediocre service.  It is nice to see a store like DX Engineering growing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: