Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumors, Rumors  (Read 4054 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »

Since I cannot hear XX9, I guess I can "stir the DX pot" a little, by repeating a RUMOR that the Navassa expedition will be announced tonite at Dayton.  Cheesy  73, Gene AF3Y
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »

Are you picking this up from the local beauty salon, or a result of something you smoked?  Grin Actually though, I do hope you are right Gene. I know a lot of hams out there that would be very happy if a DX'pedition to Navassa was a reality soon.

John K7KB
K0YHV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 01:45:20 PM »

Are you picking this up from the local beauty salon, or a result of something you smoked?  Grin Actually though, I do hope you are right Gene. I know a lot of hams out there that would be very happy if a DX'pedition to Navassa was a reality soon.

John K7KB

I hope it never gets activated Smiley.  I like having the #2 all time needed country on 2 bands.

John AF5CC
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 01:59:52 PM »

Since I cannot hear XX9, I guess I can "stir the DX pot" a little, by repeating a RUMOR that the Navassa expedition will be announced tonite at Dayton.  Cheesy  73, Gene AF3Y

Gene...

I can't hear the XX9 guys either.

I did hear that THE Rumor is a P5 announcement... Roll Eyes

73 de harry, W6DXO
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 02:38:07 PM »

Since I cannot hear XX9, I guess I can "stir the DX pot" a little, by repeating a RUMOR that the Navassa expedition will be announced tonite at Dayton.  Cheesy  73, Gene AF3Y

That would be so cool if it's true  Shocked  If it's not true we can hang Gene from the nearest Tower by his underwear as a warning for the next generation of Hams to never play with our minds lest they also get a super wedgie. Grin Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:41:32 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »

That would be so cool if it's true  Shocked  If it's not true we can hang Gene from the nearest Tower by his underwear as a warning for the next generation of Hams to never play with our minds lest they also get a super wedgie. Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Geez, that's horrible guys.... Have mercy on a OLD guy. Of course, a higher pitched voice might help me on SSB Roll Eyes   I do hope it is true, but I have my doubts as well. I would bet on Navassa over Harrys P5 prediction tho! Grin  73, Gene AF3Y
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 03:02:01 PM »

I also bet its Navassa. I know that there are people working on Bouvet, Paul, N6PSE said someone was working on Kingman, and I think Bernie said someone else is working on Heard.

Any one of these three would be awesome.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:46:28 PM by KY6R » Logged
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »

I hope it never gets activated.  I like having the #2 all time needed country on 2 bands.

I have 7 band slots from way back when........Jan 92 and March 93...maybe I can swap several for a BS7H or perhaps XX9 the way things are going

Mark N1UK
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »

Since I cannot hear XX9, I guess I can "stir the DX pot" a little, by repeating a RUMOR that the Navassa expedition will be announced tonite at Dayton.  Cheesy  73, Gene AF3Y

Isn't dinner over with yet?  I've finished!    Grin
W4XK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 06:52:59 PM »

Should I put my extra Navassa cards on ebay before they lose
their value?

Bill W4XK
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 04:03:00 AM »

The pot was stirred. I fell for it - kept checking DX World for an announcement - hi hi
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 05:14:33 AM »

The pot was stirred. I fell for it - kept checking DX World for an announcement - hi hi

Aren't all the big dinners tonight? Maybe its tonight for the big announcement. Grin

I don't have any connections at all - the only thing I know is I have to mow the lawn today.  Sad
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 08:15:34 AM »

Aren't all the big dinners tonight? Maybe its tonight for the big announcement. Grin

I don't have any connections at all - the only thing I know is I have to mow the lawn today.  Sad

Did I say last nite?   I am sorry, the RUMOR said Saturday nite.  Hell, only off ONE day... I guess.  I dont think its gonna happen, but.....................  Cool   Gene AF3Y
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »

Myth confirmed

Just kidding... I have no idea, I was at Dayton yesterday.  Just thought I would add my wishful thinking.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 04:05:57 PM »

Geez, that's horrible guys.... Have mercy on a OLD guy. Of course, a higher pitched voice might help me on SSB Roll Eyes  Grin 
73, Gene AF3Y

Grin Cool idea Gene, the next big evolution in DXing, "The Super Wedgie"  Why didnt I think of that during 9M0L  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: