Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calif Ham CW Broadcaster Still On The Air?  (Read 362 times)
K6INB

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2006, 06:11:35 PM »

A ham in Beverly Hills (I forgot the call) has been sending code practice almost 24 hours a day on 7.099. Uses various speeds and copy content. Today I caught the end of a transmission requesting letters to the FCC and ending with a plea on the benefits of his efforts. Looked like he was being forced off the air by FCC action. Does anyone know more about this?
Bill Ragsdale, K6INB
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »

That's Bill Sizemore W6ADO.  He's in North Hollywood, pretty close to me.

I understand there are recent efforts to make him stop transmitting code practice on 7.100.  Some of that, I'm sure, is based on the content of his transmissions, which are all religious.

WB2WIK/6
K7SU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 03:23:27 PM »

Interesting.  Maybe the folks trying to get him off should instead focus their efforts on some of those guys on 75 meter phone.

Kelly
K7SU
AE6RO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 05:33:47 PM »

I listen to his CW practice often, since 40 meters hasn't been so hot lately. I hope he continues his code practice broadcasts. Why would the FCC shut him down but not ARRL which is hard to copy in 6-land?
  Most of the time I've copied him, it's been sections from the Bible. Sometimes it's so apropos I'd swear it was God sending it.
 Once I copied a list of jazz classics from the swing era. Well, thanks Bill and hope to copy you again soon. 73, John AE6RO
KC0VEB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »

Sometimes W6ADO is the only signal I hear on 40 during the wee hours.  His code practice is a welcome change from W1AW's incessant propagation forecasts and contest drivel.  A couple of times he was sending code groups, a welcome diversion.  Haven't enjoyed that in more than fifty years.  Nothing like copying fox on a rolling ship.  Memories, memories. Hang in there pal.
Jesse KC0VEB
W9NM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 07:37:58 AM »

I say SHUT HIM DOWN. After all, he is quoting from... THE BIBLE!!!

It's not as if he is just PEACEFULLY advocating cutting peoples heads off, funding suicide bombers, or stoning people to death...  for crying out loud....

He's actually quoting... THE BIBLE!!!

KE7CGZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 01:54:45 PM »

Well - He's still there and sending religious texts 2/23/07.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: