Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Different results in Win7 vs. Linux for same OpenOffice spreadsheet file  (Read 5004 times)
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »

"Maybe it has something to do with that it was originally an Excel .xls file, and I converted it to .odt"

There is your problem.

Could be part of it; but I think that KF6QEX, Dimitri solved it above. Did you read what he found, and would that problem have 'gone away' if it was originally an .odt file?

KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 01:39:38 AM »

Could be part of it;
Here is a silly question: Are you having the NAME? issue even when you open the file on your local machine or only when you download it like the rest of us ?
As of right now I am convinced that the act of opening the .ods file and doing a Save As in "My Documents" folder  and reloading it is what fixes it

I tried giving the ^2 "room to breathe" as Tor N4OGW suggested  but once saved, spaces or not it functions properly.
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 07:42:18 AM »

I just downloaded it from my site every time. And like I said in the PM, downloading it from your site after you added a space before and after the " ^2 " and copying each formula to a second cell fixes it.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: