Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W4RT: Buyers Beware  (Read 29519 times)
WA6KYR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 03:06:05 PM »

I just ordered an antenna and I found W4RT to be terrific.
He did not send the automatic email resonse like Amazon.com or LLbean but he personally answered my email and got the product to me quickly.
A very nice place to do business with.
bye Richard
HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 10:02:47 AM »

I've ran into the same issue with W4RT.  No answer to a sales order via email.  None that is until I started a thread on QRZ.com asking if anybody knew if anything had happened to him.  Very nice guy AFTER somebody pointed out the thread to him.

Customers shouldn't have to chase down vendors to buy something.  Emails should be answered in a timely fashion and not put off for more than 24 hours.  If the vendor is taking a vacation, it's very easy to set up an auto responder to let potential customers know when they will be returning. 

Either W4RT needs to post a phone number on his website that he answers quickly, or set up an email account that will let customers know their message has been received and will be responded to later.  Hiding a phone number that is only accessible after searching Google really makes it seem he's tired of dealing with customers.  If the business is that much of a hassle then perhaps it's time to retire from it for a while.
KA0HVE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »

Easy enough to contact. This was on W4RT's site in the contact area:

W4RT Electronics is a Division of the PanTechne Corporation

Googling PanTechne returns the following:

Pantechne Corp
W4rt Electronics, Pantechne Corporation
3077 Leeman Ferry Road SW
Huntsville, AL   35801-5614 map
Phone: (256) 880-8207   

I have no dog in this fight but I find it suspicious that I'd have to search out the parent company to track down somebody instead of the phone number being listed on the website.  Why would they create a website and not list a phone number?  Just put a note on the contact page that email is preferred like other companies do.  Sounds fishy.
N3AEG

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 04:14:17 AM »

I was looking to buy an AlexLoop antenna and noticed W4RT sold them for about the same as buying direct from Alex in Brazil.  I e-mailed W4RT to make sure they had them in stock and that it was the Walkham model.  I received an e-mail the next day from Ralph that they were in stock and it was the model I wanted.  I noticed the website showed free shipping for orders over $125 but it looked like it was from 2012.  I e-mailed Ralph to see if it was still valid and he quickly replied it was.  I placed my order Tuesday afternoon.  Wednesday I received a UPS notification that it had shipped and the antenna arrived on Friday.

It was a very smooth order and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
K5HTB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 06:46:56 PM »

I have never had a problem with W4RT at any time and own several of their products, including the Walkham.  I would guess there is a good reason the folks at W4RT will not communicate with certain people.  Communication with them is no problem.  Perhaps the negative comments are from competitors?

Travis
K5HTB
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »

I will second that opinion.  I have sent them several emails and never got a response.  Since email is a non-guaranteed delivery system, obviously I cannot say for certain whether or not they got it, however, I can't imagine why they would not have.  Given the non-reliable state of email, I feel that if you are willing to take people's money for a product, you should be willing to take their phone call for support or sales questions.  At a very minimum, provide a 'contact' page on the website that allows you to post questions directly and avoid sending an email that apparently can get lost.

Actually e-mail is guaranteed to either be delivered or bounced.  It's more reliable than the USPS.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 06:07:48 AM »

Actually e-mail is guaranteed to either be delivered or bounced.  It's more reliable than the USPS.

Yes, but then you have spam filters, automatic diverters in some clients that shunt the e-mail to 'holding' folders, and the ultimate selector.  A recipient that simply refuses to click on the e-mail, or who just erases it. 

When you receive dozens of e-mails at a time its easy to justify not touching them, simply because you sometimes just don't have the time.  Not the best thing to do if you're running a business, but it happens.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:10:21 AM by K1CJS » Logged
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »

http://www.bbb.org/northern-alabama/business-reviews/electronic-equipment-and-suppliers-service-and-repair/w4rt-electronics-in-huntsville-al-900005363/complaints

One more ditty for you all...
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 06:52:03 PM »

DId the tuner work properly and have all the accessories, or is it more important that it  be "new in the box" but not work?
KC1CJN

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 04:13:06 PM »

W4RT replied to my inquiries in a day. I shipped W4RT my FT-897D and it came back quickly with CW/SSB flters and DSP installed and working just fine. Microphone mods too. Only good things to say!
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »

Customer service is paramount. Most successful businesses follow this paradigm. Elecraft immediately comes to mind.
Dale W4OP

Absolutely.  I'm not even an "Elecraft guy", but have had dealings with them on smaller items, and they could have not run a more courteous, professional business.

KC1CJN

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 06:57:50 PM »

Shipped my FT-817ND to W4RT on a Monday and it was back with DSP and filters installed Thursday. Very rapid communications and service!
AD7VB

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 11:24:13 AM »

Ordered a upgrade chip for my LDG AT-11MP tuner and it shipped quickly with no problems. I recently acquired a LDG AT-1000 tuner and inquired about a upgrade chip for it. While he didn't have it, he responded quickly with another suggestion of where to possibly get one.

He has always been good to deal with for me.

Todd
AD7VB
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: