Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Callsign Question  (Read 417 times)
N9SKN

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2007, 06:05:28 PM »

I think I have posted a similiar question here before, but I am in the same boat again.

Sounded like a DX'er calling CQ Sat night on 40m, but I can't find the call. I'm not the best Op, but I know he sent CQ CQ OK QPK5M over and over as I listened to him dish out RST's for 30 minutes.

My questions again:

1) Who the heck did I talk to (Again, lol).
2) Is there a reference that I can grab online with the prefixes of these places - all the ones I can find seem only partial to me.

Thanks,

Aaron / N9SKN
K7UNZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »

Believe what you heard was K5M in the Oklahoma QSO Party, going on this weekend.

Likely he was sending CQ CQ CQ OKQP K5M...

K5M is currently assigned for the Oklahoma Centenial.

73, Jim/k7unz
K7UNZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 06:46:40 PM »

You can check here for the 1X1 call signs.

http://www.ncvec.org/1x1.php

Jim/k7unz
N9SKN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 07:00:07 PM »

Hey thanks for the quick replies Gents.

Aaron / N9SKN
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 02:01:21 AM »

K7UNZ hit it on the head...I heard him too.  OKQP was shorthand for the Oklahoma QSO Party.
EXWA2SWA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »

There are 1x1's with suffixes for each letter in OKLAHOMA. Nice certificate if you can get enough of them to spell our state's name during March, but you can't use repeats for O & A - for example, ya gotta get both N5O & K5O and K5A & N5A. I hear that if you spelled it during the OK QSO Party, you can get a coffee mug.

The real challenge is working all 77 counties - we've got some that are pretty sparsely populated, like  Cimarron in the panhandle.

Good luck & have fun,
Jim NS5M

KB9BIT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 01:18:11 PM »

" - we've got some that are pretty sparsely populated, like Cimarron in the panhandle."

You aren't kidding.  Beautiful country and friendly people.  I've been there several times.  Next time I go I'll take at least a QRP rig and put that county on the air.

Never did hear them in the OK QSO Party.
EXWA2SWA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »

I'm hoping to get my wife to agree to haul a battery or two so I can run my IC706Mk2G from Black Mesa ... it's a bit of an uphill hike, but you're at OK's highest point, around 4500' or 4700' Above Sea Level. If she'll haul the batteries, I'll handle the radio, antenna and paddles ... heck, you can put a couple of states on the air from there!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: