Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be announced next?  (Read 3586 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 02:47:52 PM »

And Swain's island and Conway Reef, which are both coming in September, aren't exactly run of the mill.

John AF5CC

Sure they are, if you already have them confirmed. hi    Grin

73, Gene AF3Y
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 04:37:48 PM »

What, three ultra-rare activations this year (7O, HK0NA, ZL9) and Heard in 2014's announcements not enough for ya? Sheesh Grin

And Swain's island and Conway Reef, which are both coming in September, aren't exactly run of the mill.
Meh. Swains will be 5 years and Conway only 3 years. Semi-rare at best, although I do need a few bands for each. Oddly enough, Conway is the only DXCC entity that I have on other bands but not 20! Swains I only need 10 & 12 for the sweep. Conway I need 10, 12, 20, 80 and 160 so my work is cut out for me there.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N8EHW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 07:36:41 AM »

It would be nice to see something out of Glorioso, Tromelin, or Juan de Nova / Europa for those of us who still need them.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 08:16:43 AM »

It would be nice to see something out of Glorioso, Tromelin, or Juan de Nova / Europa for those of us who still need them.

Good luck with that. Only members of the French Military can operate from there. TO4E (Europa) was last activated in 2003 and Glorioso was on in 2009. I'm pretty sure both were run by the same operator. Tromelin has not been on the air since I started DXing in 2001.

With Glorioso, the team paid very little attention to North America, and, because NA's path to FR/G was open when Europe was also open to FR/G, you can only imagine how big the EU wall was constantly for NA. 9M0L reminded me a lot of FT5GA; huge demand, weak signals most of the time and little relief for the smaller stations. Here's what went on in this forum back then: http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,11702.0.html.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N8EHW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 09:30:34 AM »

Thanks for the info and the link...an interesting read, for sure.  All during my long layoff from the hobby before getting back in 2010.

It does seem, though, that there are those among us who are quite skilled at talking their way into some really difficult situations.  Somalia and Yemen are not exactly tropical holiday QTH's, so I won't give up thinking that it could possibly happen.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 01:44:12 PM »

With Glorioso, the team paid very little attention to North America, and, because NA's path to FR/G was open when Europe was also open to FR/G, you can only imagine how big the EU wall was constantly for NA. 9M0L reminded me a lot of FT5GA; huge demand, weak signals most of the time and little relief for the smaller stations. Here's what went on in this forum back then: http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,11702.0.html.

"Thanks for the Memories" as Bob would say.  I worked those French guys pretty easily and ended up with 20 and 15 cw confirmed.
This was the expedition where all you guys up and down the east coast were having trouble hearing em, and I (at the S.C. QTH) could hear em often and loud.
Strange, huh?  Kinda like me not hearing Spratley, Macau or Bhutan...... and you guys working em.  Of course I did have a tower and tribander in S.C. which obviously had better ears than my wire vertical here in sunny Florida.  73, Gene AF3Y
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »

Well I heard 9M0L very lightly and was able to contact them which i was extremely lucky.  I was ready to write them off.  Macau and Bhutan so far, can't even hear them or even if I did, they couldn't hear me drop my callsign a zillion times. 

Gl and 73,

Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
KE4KY

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »

ZL9HR  http://www.zl9hr.com/

I believe #15 on the current wanted list.

Glenn KE4KY
Ham since 1975
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »

Did you work the Dxpedition VK9W on Willis Island announced today ?
Now that I have your interest,   Smiley   I saw this announced on the DX cluster, oh boy
an all time new one !,  I must have missed the announcement, charged into the shack to find out it was really UK9W.  (I'll be back to normal after a couple days of rest  Grin

Bob
K6UJ
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: