The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clubs / Nets About Professional Sports Local Or HF  (Read 2884 times)
KW4QO

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2016, 07:37:47 PM »

Does anyone know of any ham radio clubs and/or nets that would be about professional sports ?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan and on Twitter I'm in touch with fans in the UK, Poland, Norway, France, Italy, and Austraila. I'd love to get in touch with them on HF.

Also, if there is how would I go about setting one up ?

Appreciate any help or guidance.
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 07:25:20 AM »

Why don't you just call CQ and engage the other stations in sports discussion via a ragchew.  If other guys are listening they may break in or you can announce that you are open to other's opinions on your subject.  You may be able to form a core group of folks who would be willing to participate further and then you may decide to form a regular frequency and time for further gatherings. If you want to form a net from this group you will have to take the initiative to appoint a net control and log keeper and adhere to some regular schedule.  It takes some organizational effort to get this started but I think your main impediment in setting up a net specifically about sports is that everyone wants to talk.  Do you think that the net participants will have the patience to sit around and wait to be called during a net controlled net?  I think you would be served better by organizing a ragchew rather than a net. Besides, guys who are passionate about sports always cut in on each other anyway; therefore you might want to put down some simple rules such as the use of VOX.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: