Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-897 microphone choices  (Read 1984 times)
N6YW

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:55:31 AM »

Greetings to all
I would like to know if anyone can comment on a good choice for a hand microphone for the FT-897.
I just bought and awaiting for the arrival of an 897 that comes without a microphone, and my reason
for asking is simple. My experience with the cheap mic's made for the IC-7000 causes me to be curious if
Yaesu has met a similar fate, and if so what recommendations are there for a good hand mic.
Thanks in advance!
73 de N6YW
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:46:58 PM by N6YW » Logged
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:01:37 AM »

Heil hand/desk mic or headset mic.

Neil N3DF
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »

You might also do well to search the classified ads here on eham and on your local craigslist.   People who buy those nice Heil mikes may sell their stock microphones, and the one that comes with the FT-897 seems perfectly decent to me

Hope you enjoy the 897!  I bought a used one about a year ago and it's been a great little radio at the price!
KG4NEL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »

Greetings to all
I would like to know if anyone can comment on a good choice for a hand microphone for the FT-897.
I just bought and awaiting for the arrival of an 897 that comes without a microphone, and my reason
for asking is simple. My experience with the cheap mic's made for the IC-7000 causes me to be curious if
Yaesu has met a similar fate, and if so what recommendations are there for a good mic.
Thanks in advance!
73 de N6YW

Curious to hear what you end up with - I'm looking at getting a new 817, and I'd really prefer a desk mic/footswitch for ergonomic reasons more than anything Smiley The Heil HM-12 option looks interesting.
N6YW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »

You might also do well to search the classified ads here on eham and on your local craigslist.   People who buy those nice Heil mikes may sell their stock microphones, and the one that comes with the FT-897 seems perfectly decent to me

Hope you enjoy the 897!  I bought a used one about a year ago and it's been a great little radio at the price!

Thank you!
That's a great idea. I am looking at a few different choices (new) and the prices are ridiculous. 79 bucks for 15
dollar hand microphone seems absurd to me.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »

I'm running the MD-100 desk mic on my 897. Get excellent audio reports w/ it.  Bought mine at last year's hamfest for $75, in original box in pristine condition.  Its a nice desk mic!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: