Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC petition to void antenna restrictions nears 3000 signatures  (Read 21250 times)
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »

I certainly am NOT whining and my wife is NOT fat! I DO abide by the rules of my HOA but I'd like to see those rules changed.  What's wrong with that?  What's it to you?  I am doing my best to bring about a change that I think is important for many individuals and I am doing it legally and with the means at my disposal.  I don't think my behavior qualifies as whining.  Yours, on the other hand...

Your wife looks fine to me.

Re this topic (getting stuff to change from within), you might find this helpful: http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?358783-CC-amp-Rs-are-substitute-for-thought&p=2632428#post2632428

It describes what I did several years ago, from "within" the HOA.
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:48 AM »

Move
    Go mobile
    Research 'stealth' antennas like flagpoles and attic dipoles (aka be a true ham and adapt)
    STFU.
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »

As to the operating remote! With the normal communications down, no remote!

Use your mobile from the car. If it is in the garage and no electricity that may be easier said than done.

Reasonable here is the problem. Hard to define, harder to quantify, and very hard to find in HOA governance.

KF7CG
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »

As to the operating remote! With the normal communications down, no remote!

Use your mobile from the car. If it is in the garage and no electricity that may be easier said than done.

Reasonable here is the problem. Hard to define, harder to quantify, and very hard to find in HOA governance.

KF7CG

Huh?? and you have a license..think about what you just typed Huh My remote can run as long as it needs to and I am smart enough to get a car out of a garage Roll Eyes
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 04:30:03 PM »

I don't know - we lost power and I had to go over and show my neighbor how to pull the release cable to get his garage door open without power. Obviously he isn't too mechanically inclined  Grin
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 10:00:54 AM »

Move
    Go mobile
    Research 'stealth' antennas like flagpoles and attic dipoles (aka be a true ham and adapt)
    STFU.

I've been a true ham for 58+ years.  I,ve used a flagpole for three years and have attic dipoles...230+ countries in casual DXing with stealth antennas in the three years at my HOA QTH.  I have no intention of moving, no desire to go mobile and no reason to STFU.
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 10:13:56 AM »

The guy with the remote thing must have a good line of site to the remote if no external antennas are use at his place.

The reliability of the "emergency" release on the garage door is another factor. Have you ever tried to raise one of the better constructed garage doors if the assist spring was out of calibration? I have seen some builders, ones with nasty CC&Rs even save money by omitting the assist springs. Those springs aren't really needed for doors with openers.

KF7CG
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »

The guy with the remote thing must have a good line of site to the remote if no external antennas are use at his place.

The reliability of the "emergency" release on the garage door is another factor. Have you ever tried to raise one of the better constructed garage doors if the assist spring was out of calibration? I have seen some builders, ones with nasty CC&Rs even save money by omitting the assist springs. Those springs aren't really needed for doors with openers.

KF7CG

Hello...anyone home???
You use a computer for remotes and there are many free remotes all over the USA. Mine just happens to be private...My door raises with 1 hand without power. research before you post!!
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 10:02:57 AM »

If you lose communications, that computer link will be toast; Think.

You have a good garage door with well adjusted springs it works great. Not all do. Many don't.

I had a good one until the spring broke, a common occurrence I am told, and you never know until you inspect or use the emergency handle.

KF7CG
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 07:48:24 AM »

The petition has collected almost 3900 signatures as of 9/26.  It will be closed on 9/30.  Thanks to all of you who signed. 
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: