Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RFI on HF in a 2005 GMC Envoy  (Read 2150 times)
KD6KHK

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »

I have a 2005 GMC Envoy.  I have the IC 706 and the AH4 Antenna Tuner attached to a 102 inch Whip.  I get this traveling Warbling noise on HF.  It will shift up the band while in idle.  I can find it as I tune across the band at many Intervals  and on all HF bands.  It is tied directly to the engine running.  Have you found this problem?

Thanks and 73
Tom
KD6KHK
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:54:10 AM »

It is the data bus system. You didn't describe how you mounted or connected the AH-4 and the antenna. There will always be some common mode, which is exacerbated by incorrect mounting. If the RF can get out, it can get in as well. In other words, the coax and control cable act like part of the antenna. You might visit my web site, and look under Auto Couplers.

KP4UFO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 01:27:20 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin use Ferrite on all your power cables on both ends  that will help  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ANGEL L ARCE TORRES
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: