Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM 7600 and Logic 9  (Read 4315 times)
W1GWN

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2012, 11:05:29 AM »

Anyone hooking up their ICOM 7600 to computer for downloading info (Frequency and mode)/ Which port on ICOM do you hook up to (front or back USB port?)- and what software/driver/ Baud rate do you use? Any advice helpful, thanks, Warren W1GWN
KK4BMV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:34 PM »

I'm not sure what Logic 9 is but I have a IC-7600 and I run psk31 and rtty from HRD 5.0.22.0.02
I use the usb port on the back of the radio and I'm running Win 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. I know a few tricks
to make psk31 work with the IC-7600 and HRD. I had the same problem for awhile until I pressed
the right button.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »

Anyone hooking up their ICOM 7600 to computer for downloading info (Frequency and mode)/ Which port on ICOM do you hook up to (front or back USB port?)- and what software/driver/ Baud rate do you use? Any advice helpful, thanks, Warren W1GWN

I don't have an IC-7600, but within a few weeks of its arrival at the Salem New Hampshire HBO store I tested it with Commander, the transceiver control component of the free-ware DXLab Suite.  The easiest way to connect your IC-7600 to your PC is to follow the provided instructions for installing a device driver on your PC, and then connect your PC to your IC-7600 with a standard USB cable; note: don't connect your PC to your IC-7600 until you've installed the device driver as directed. With the driver installed and your IC-7600 connects to your PC, Windows will see two new "devices":

- a COM port
- a Soundcard

Step-by-step instructions for DXLab users are provided here.

Any transceiver control application that provides basic Icom transceiver control and lets you specify a CI-V address should be able to control your IC-7600 via this COM port. DXLab goes beyond the basics, as is depicted here and described here.

Furthermore, you can run soundcard-based digital mode applications like Digipan, MixW, or DXLab's WinWarbler by directing these applications to use the IC-7600 soundcard to send and receive transceiver audio. Besides minimizing noise and distortion, this arrangement prevents "Windows sounds" (like the "you have mail" chime) from being inadvertently transmitted over the air.

The IC-7600 does include a standard Icom CI-V interface. You could purchase a CT-17, or build or acquire one of the many lower-cost CT-17 equivalents to enable your PC to control your IC-7600 via an RS-232 or USB connection -- but there's no compelling reason to do this.

I recommend using the IC-7600's maximum CI-V baud rate: 19200.

Step-by-step instructions for using DXLab's Commander with your IC-7600 are available here

Dave, AA6YQ
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:32:42 PM by AA6YQ » Logged
N6DZR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 01:00:26 PM »

CAT control is accomplished using the USB connector on the back of the radio. The drivers are available from ICOM. I think I use 19,200 rate for everything although speed doesn't matter too much as long as it matches between the radio and computer/software.

This same USB connector will simulate an external sound card for digital modes.

Once you have the drivers in place, almost any software will be able to interface with the radio. I use Ham Radio Deluxe and N1MM logger and they both work great.

-Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: