The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHINA RADIO SOURCE?? "Iradio"??  (Read 6184 times)
KD7DCR

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts to offer about this Mfg/assembler??
They are "offering" direct Yeasu, Icom, models of HT and Mobils...from their shop.
Some have higher minimum order levels...like 5 or 10 ea, or 50 or 100 ea...
Some allow "mini order" for "sample items", 1 ea, via some "escrow service" for the money..

Input please?

And, thanks for taking the time here...it does help.
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:21:14 AM »

Not enough info. iradio is a toolbar not a mfg.

Warranty would be an issue.
KB8UUZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:35:41 PM »

http://www.alibaba.com/countrysearch/CN/handheld-radio-iradio.html

it is a line of HTs
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 07:48:29 AM »

I would not buy any radio, no matter what the brand, from an out-of-country supplier. You are generally on your own when it comes to getting any kind of warranty work. This is especially true of Chinese-made radios with no USA distributor.

This is a major problem in the photographic field; grey-market sales of equipment with a "world-wide" warranty that the US service departments won't touch.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KC8UIO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »

I don't know what you are looking for, but why don't you just buy a Chinese radio? I just purchased the Wouxun KG-UVD1P from www.409shop.com and am very satisfied!

Check it out.
VE6JMK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:40 AM »

KC8UIO, is that seller possibly the same as 'mega409shop'?

I recently made 2 orders from 'George' at 'RadioGearPro', a Hong Kong ebay seller based out of Aberdeen (Kg-816 on first, and UVD1P on second, numerous accessories on both) and am not very happy with getting parts I did not order, a radio that did not work, and no replies to my emails asking if the order had shipped, telling them they shipped me wrong parts that were different that what I had clearly ordered, etc.

So now I see this supplier mega409shop offering the same products at the same prices so I'm thinking to try them out. In the meantime I'm waiting to hear from Wouxun to see if they will warranty the defective KG-816 radio (Tx power is only .4W new out of the box), so far they told me to contact the seller - yeah right.
VK5CQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »

I would not buy any radio, no matter what the brand, from an out-of-country supplier.

I suppose you mean Asian or Chinese, ie, where you wrote "out-of-country."

Here are our 3 examples (out of -many- more, that were problem-free) of our dealings with vendors located out-of-country:

1. I've had a -good- experience with a Scottish supplier, ie, after a "data mode cable" (a 2-radio combo for Yaesu FTM10R & VX-8R) failed, by keeping the VX-8R in transmit mode whenever plugged in.

The Scottish supplier simply refunded the amount I paid for this cable (without requiring the faulty cable to be returned; with luck, it may just work with FTM-10R, & I can sell it to someone with that radio, for my testing-time); in this case, I had a Yaesu mic for the VX-8R, to test the radio with - with data mode cable out, to prove that the radio wasn't the cause.

2. On the other hand, my luck with RadioGearPro.com has NOT been 100%  happy.

In particular, outside the safety of eBay, I ordered a US$ 379 Yaesu FC-40 Auto Antenna Tuner from them. It was (apparently) posted at Hong Kong Post, complete with a tracking number.

Unfortunately, the International tracking system is -BROKEN- ...so, I could -only- watch my FC-40 move from Hong Kong to "Arrived Australia."

At that point, after waiting weeks, I asked Australia Post about the missing parcel; they advised that I'd have to get the sender (ie, RadioGearPro.com in this case) to lodge a "missing parcel" report, which they did.

I turns out that - when Australia Post received the official notification of that report (from Hong Kong Post) - AusPost had (by some long-standing international agreement) 60 days to investigate the loss.

Only after those 60 days had passed did AusPost agree to pay HK Post ~ Au$ 155.00 (compensation for the loss).

Of course, that money had to go back through HK Post, headed to my vendor, in HK. As soon as I was advised of that a $155 payment had been made by AusPost, I advised the vendor of that advice, so they'd look out for it (from HK Post), rather than dropping their involvement in the loss.

It's been about a month, since I eMailed RadioGearPro.com, and - so far - they'd not reimbursed me any portion of the AU$ 155 paid by AusPost to HL Post for that loss.

Of course, this was -MY- loss, not the vendors (since the vendors still have my US$379), so... I've been done rather badly, to date. I intend to ring the vendor, and initiate negotiations towards full reimbursement.

3. Since that deal went sour, I happened to order a Yaesu FT-817ND from -anther-
Hong Kong based vendor, namely - AsiaRadioSales.com.

About a week after my PayPal payment showed as "completed" on my PayPal transaction list, I got an eMail requesting copies of my credit card -and- drivers license to prove my identity.

Calling to ask why they would ask for a copy of a credit card that was -not- used to pay for this order, I was told:

a. They'd just -lost- quite a bit of money, after a Melbourne-based security firm ordered & paid for a number of radios, later reported the shipment had never been received, and - via PayPal - got their money back. (The radios were not received by the vendor).

b. Because of that big loss - AsiaRadioSales.com advised me - the vendor would no longer trust PayPal transactions to be dependable, since customers could falsely claim they hadn't received their orders, and soon receive their payments back from PayPal.com

(Of course, their loss had nothing to do with me.)

Later, in any case, AsiaRadioSales.com -refunded- my payment (via PayPal), and told me that I'd have to deposit the money (for the radio I'd ordered) into their bank account, in their local (Hong Kong) bank.

Now, it's not so easy to transfer money into a HK bank (from AU)... There are extra costs, not least, is one that the -receiving- bank may charge. So, the cost
would be higher! (Also, the Aussie $ began a serious -drop- in value, ie, AFTER I received the vendor's refund).

(It seems that AsiaRadioSales.com was effectively -punishing- Australians ordering products from them, due to -one- bad customer! Not good business, in my way of thinking.)

The long & short of it is: We -never- got our radio, they lost a customer, and (I suppose) they -likely- never got the money back from their (reportedly) "bad" customer in Melbourne.

---

Normally, my dealings with Asian vendors (most in Hong Kong, some in - or shipping from - Singapore) are very good, and I am left satisfied with how things went: I may have to wait longer than I would, if I'd dealt with local suppliers, but:

1. packages are almost -always- packed better & more efficiently (less waste);
2. goods often have additional features (eg, if US or Export versions);
3. prices are much lower than local prices (as prices usually include S+H)

I have ordered brand-name camera, Ham gear, etc. as well as connectors, cable assemblies, etc.

I respect & deal fairly with Asian vendors like any others, and they seem to respect me (mostly...).

Oh, by contrast, I ordered some audio gear from a Melbourne-base supplier; I'd ordered a "Free postage" eBay "Buy Now" item, and gave a post office box address, since there was -no- hint of any address restriction (as long as they'd be shipping within Australia).

This transaction was made unpleasant when we received a phone call from the shop's rep, -demanding- a street address. (Now, we use a post box address for security; some -costly- items had (from various -other- suppliers) been left - in full view from the street, & it was only good luck that we didn't lose them to a passer-by.)

Our Aussie supplier was unduly rude, on the phone, and we'll never deal with them in future. We don't have such conversations with Asian suppliers.

Who would -you- prefer to purchase from?

1. a polite vendor in Hong Kong or Singaport (who you almost -never- need to haggle with) or

2. a -noisy- one that -insists- that you agree to -extra- conditions (not stated in the eBay listing), -after- you've paid, in-full?

(Oh, the Melbourne-based vendor sent our item, at no extra cost, to our post office box, and - somehow - has managed -not- to go out of business since. :-)
VE6JMK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »

my luck with RadioGearPro.com has NOT been 100%  happy.

I found essential the same. I ordered a number of times from them. They always sent what I ordered and got the radio models correct, but there were sometimes mix-ups on the accessories such as model of battery pack. For example they listed a AA cell pack as being compatible with the Wouxun KG-816 and alas it was for a KG-UVD1P. When I inquired 'George' replied, "there is no AA cell pack for KG-816". When I tested the 816 and noted it only output .5W, he told me to deal with Wouxun. I sent Wouxun a note and they told me to deal with the supplier. On another order he also sent a couple of wrong accessories and when I gave him the head's up his reply was basically, 'yeah you got the wrong accessory, but I can sell you the correct one'.

Since that time we co-sourced about 120 units of the KG-UVD1P direct fro Wouxun to support some vounteer S&R groups because that model has DOC Type Approval for the VHF side. None have been DOA, a couple have had a faulty channel selector dial, and there is roughly a 5% failure rate on the chargers and speaker mics, the latter being so poorly designed and constructed we have gone to the Pryme Mic instead. I bricked the 816 by accidently programming it with UVD1P channels and software (I asked Wouxun if they had a hard reset procedure for this model and they very helpfully offered this advice, 'consult the dealer'.) Our approach to faulty Chinese equipment is to dispose of it in an environmentally safe manner or keep it for parts, we don't even bother to deal with the supplier or manufacturer any more. It's not an iPhone or a Samsung Galaxy SII. It's cheap, it mostly works, and when it doesn't - you bin it and carry on with the more important issues in your life.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 08:50:49 PM by VE6JMK » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: