Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cats In Ham Radio Photos  (Read 9683 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 01:35:47 AM »

K7KBN

If we had a third, she would be called Peepbo!

You can guess that we are Gilbert and Sullivan aficionados.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 04:41:03 AM »

Could be that there are some like him that aren't--but I have a similar dog and THREE cats--who all live in harmony.  AAMOF, every time I hear some hissing and spitting, I think the dog is involved--but it always turns out the its between the two male cats I have!
K1UQT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »

My Burmese, Pittising, has an irritating habit of sitting between me and the transceiver and draping her tail across the trembler arm of the mechanical bug key. Her sister Yumyum just sits and watches me operate with disdain, obviously of the opinion that she can do better.

Peter,

I hate to tell you this, but Yumyum is right.
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 04:38:57 AM »

Remember that Humans don't have cats, Cats have humans.

Mike N2MG
N0MKC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 08:28:50 AM »

Remember that Humans don't have cats, Cats have humans.

Mike N2MG

Heard this years ago - "Dogs have owners, cats have staff."

My cat leaves the room whenever he senses the soldering iron warming up...  A few years ago, I was recapping an old boatanchor (SBE34, to be precise); followed the schematic I had regarding polarity, only to find that it was wrong when it came to a power supply filter cap. About 15 seconds after applying power, the capacitor blew up - the cat went from "Zen nap" to "War Emergency power" in milliseconds, made a 90 degree turn in mid-air, landed 20 feet away at a dead run, and has never forgiven me...
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »

My outdoor cat likes to go up on the garage roof w/ me when I'm playing w/ antennas.

Shes especially fond of rubbing up against my legs...usually at the exact moments you don't want something underfoot.

She also likes to lay on my chest when I'm working under the car.  That gets old real fast.

KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 12:01:34 PM »

our cat will get between my screwdriver and the screw.  especially endearing (to others) and aggravating (to me) when working on the dishwasher, and the cat will assiduously stare at the work area right in front of my nose, then turn the head and assiduously stare at me.

yes, I know what I want.  this ain't it.
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »

With apologies to my cat-loving ham friends.  I'm not a cat fan and I'm making that clear up front, so don't bother to flame me.  

All of these cat comments amuse me .  Seems that cat lovers enjoy discussing how uncontrollable their cats are.  Why in the world would you let your cat get away with behavior that your child would be admonished for?  ;o)

Oh wait!  Because you can "train" a child..... to some degree.

Terry, WØFM
N0MKC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »

Seems that cat lovers enjoy discussing how uncontrollable their cats are.  

Actually, training a cat can be simple - the guiding principle is that you have to set the situation up so that the cat thinks it's his idea and is the easiest way to go about it...  As an example, yelling at a cat for getting up on the kitchen counter only makes sure he doesn't get on it while you are around.  If, however, he finds that he doesn't like it up there because he gets little bits of masking tape all over his paws every time he jumps up, he'll quickly decide that there's nothing worth his time up there anyway, and he will quit jumping up there at all.

Come to think of it, the same philosophy works on kids, too...
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »

I don't know about other ops, but my feline likes to climb all over my shack and well operate from time to time !  Anyone capture their feline in action ?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/dad250/CQ_SenorElGato.jpg

That is a cool cat!

Back when I ran a tube rig my cat would lay on top of it to warm himself. Then one time I opened up the VFO can and it will full of cat fur!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:41:20 PM by WX7G » Logged
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 01:30:50 PM »

Best name for a radio shack cat: "Madame Mu" 

Best overall cat name EVAR: "So Bad"

73 de Jim, N2EY
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »

One of our cats likes to come down to the shack and hang out when I am operating. I don't let him up on the desk, though.. I like my shack equipment / desk fur free. Once in a while he'll get downstairs when we're not around (I try to keep the door closed) and I'll find little paw prints on top of the boatanchors. Hmmm... how did those get there?

I have an older picture of him when I found him at my old station from our apartment a few years ago:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catdir/cuscb246.html

He was sitting at the paddles, must have been working DX!
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »

those who are fed up with cat pictures.... know this...HAL is watching you.

Google set up a neural network of 16,000 computers, and turned it loose on Da Webs without adult supervision to see what happened.

darn thing went looking for cat pictures.

you have been warned 
N4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 07:41:43 PM »

I'm a cat guy from way back. Fascinating little animals. Two of our indoor cats, George and Gus, love to hang with me in the shack. Gus lays on the back of my operating chair while George loves to watch the Pro 3's band scope. My wife was anti-cat in the beginning but the furry critters won her over and now she is a very enthusiastic cat person.

N4KZ
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: