Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TT8PK - CHAD  (Read 1880 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »

Worked Phil, TT8PK on 20cw a few minutes ago.  Only had Chad (TT8HA from 2007) on phone until today.  Not rare, but not really common either. Cool  73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:10:08 PM by AF3Y » Logged
KE8G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:17:18 PM »

Gene,
Congrats... I need it!

I am not hearing anyone give him a report.  All it appears is he gives the stations call two times, thanks him then calls QRZ... have yet to hear anyone send back a signal report to him.  Granted, it would be the typical 599, but it's like he's not even waiting for the other station to respond back to him.

73 de Jim - KE8G
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 03:46:43 PM »

Gene,
Congrats... I need it!

I am not hearing anyone give him a report.  All it appears is he gives the stations call two times, thanks him then calls QRZ... have yet to hear anyone send back a signal report to him.  Granted, it would be the typical 599, but it's like he's not even waiting for the other station to respond back to him.

73 de Jim - KE8G

A rather distinctive style, for sure. He is VERY quick to pick his next contact, but tailending did not seem to work. I dont think I have heard another op quite like that. hi
As I was giving him his signal report, he was already calling CQ, as you say, but I would have to assume its a good contact. I think someone mentioned his "different" method of working DX. Its O Grin K with me. hi 73, Gene AF3Y  BTW, he is still on 14037 right now, listening up 2 or so......
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:49:31 PM by AF3Y » Logged
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 07:24:22 PM »

I had a decent signal on him tonight. But the QRM was crazy.  Between the lids and my 6 month old that I was trying to rock asleep I wasn't able to get him.  Oh well better luck tomorrow night.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
K2MK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 04:21:16 AM »

Unfortunately, while it is easy to obtain Phil's QSL, it is unlikely that you will be able to use it for DXCC credit. It was mentioned in a thread a few months ago on this forum.
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=81598.0

Mike K2MK
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:31:47 AM by K2MK » Logged
LB2TB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 08:00:59 AM »

I don't like his way of operating. Could be a robot making the QSO's for what I know. Listen to the QSO's; all in the same way - same speed - no error keying - and of course no reports from anyone. This can not be a valid way of operating?

Works almost the same as the "skimmers" - picking up callsign, frequency, logging time etc......

And - If you go to DX summit (or any dx cluster) and do a search you will find a lot of "self spotting" done by F4EGS (his french callsign).

I've worked him, but have a bad feeling about the way it's done.....

73's de Lars,
LB2TB

73's de Lars
LB2TB
(ex LA5EBA, JW5EBA, LA5EBA/OH0)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »

Worked Phil, TT8PK on 20cw a few minutes ago.  Only had Chad (TT8HA from 2007) on phone until today.  Not rare, but not really common either. Cool  73, Gene AF3Y

Congratulations, a fairly rare catch, that's one that's missing from my Log. so I am envious Smiley  Considering that the bands are terrible right now makes it all that more amazing.

73s
Robert
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 09:16:17 AM »

Guys...

Some somewhat disconcerting news regarding TT8PK QSO's and DXCC credit...

I just worked Phil this morning on 20M CW and decided to call the ARRL DXCC Desk for clarification on the validity
on my contact for DXCC credit.

I was told that based on the date on my contact (20-6-2012) the contact was invalid because of missing documentation.

It seems that the validity of contacts is based on the year worked and if the appropriate "documentation" is in-hand at the ARRL.

Bummer...I'm going to request a card from Phil anyway in hopes that this gets sorted out in the future...

Work first, worry later...right Undecided

73 de harry, W6DXO

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: