Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collins 75A4 Off/stbi/on switch  (Read 1990 times)
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »

Are these available from anywhere?    could also do with the tag strip for Antenna 1 2 3 on the back panel.  Just dug the A4 out after years of storage and getting back on air again.   Had it for 50 years, saved up my pennies and paid 150 Pounds for it 50 years ago.  That was a bucket load of money then.

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
W6OU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »

The power switch is a three-pole four-position rotary type which is easily found. Check to see if it is a break-before-make or make-before-break type.
KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:19:01 AM »

There are lots of assorted rotary switches available at reasonable prices in the Ham radio section of EBay. 
No rip offs, I have found several there.

Greg
WA2ROC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:17:02 AM »

If and when you get a replacement on-off switch located and replaced, I'd highly recommend doing this to turn these Collins (and most other) boatanchor radios on and off.

Do NOT use the power switch at all!  Power switches on many boatanchor radios are notorious for arcing and sparking.  This does nothing good for the contacts.

I use external power strips on all my equipment to turn them on and off. 

I have one with 8 separate outlets, each controlled by separate illuminated rocker switches.  Label each for the equipment connected to the sockets and just keep the radio power switched in the "ON" position all the time.

I know that the power switch in my KWM2-A is not only as rare as hens teeth, it's almost impossible to take out and replace without taking a lot more stuff apart.

Dick Pettit
WA2ROC
Durham, NC

"All Vintage Heathkit,
All the Time"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: