Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterMobile HF Mobile Antennas -- anybody got pictures?  (Read 5492 times)
KD5XB

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »

I've seen the ads, and actually have a couple of the magazine ads here.  What I'd really like to see is some photos of MasterMobile HF mobile antennas mounted on vehicles, along with details of the installations.  Things like overall impression, bands worked, maybe DX worked, how the operator impedance matched them, etc.

Thanks,
Earl
KD5XB
KW6LA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:11:03 PM »

http://www.k0bg.com/images/history/mastermobile.pdf

They used a shunt coil at the base most of the time for matching. These were no nonsense  antennas with high Q like a Bugcatcher and worked great if  if  if
installed correctly.
KD5XB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 10:14:32 PM »

Thanks for the effort -- what I really hope to find is photos of various installations.  I actually have that very ad already here!  LOL!

Vy 7 3
Earl
KD5XB
KW6LA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 10:19:14 PM »

Earl-

Go Back to K0BG.com and and if you don't find it there you don't need it. Lost of installs including one of my own in the photo gallery.

GL-   KW6LA
KD5XB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 10:22:36 PM »

Well, we don't REALLY need any of it!  LOL!  Seriously, I have a full-size Henry Allen Texas Bugcatcher, but the car is a Mitsubishi Lancer, and I don't think I trust the sheet metal with the big antenna.

I also have just about a full set of MasterMobile equipment, and it's a lot lighter.  For 100 watts, I think it will be fine.  I'd just really like to see some installations with MasterMobile gear, especially the Micro-Z Match.
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »

One of you guys needs to start marketing some big, heavy, chrome after-market bumpers for late model cars so we can get back to using REAL bumper mounts again.   Grin

Terry, WØFM
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 07:15:01 PM »

Terry shame on you! The bureaucrats have dictated that we mortal citizens, don't know our rear from a hole in the ground. We've had verbose legislation forced upon us, which has dictated all sorts of restraints unimaginable just a few short years ago. Nowadays, we have to be protected from every environmental issue under the sun, not the least of which are the vehicles we drive.

The next thing you know, we'll be required to have specific licenses for operating mobile, like we used to have, not that long ago!

Just wait! If you're really interested in what the new Obamanation healthcare bill has in store for us, I suspect most mobile operators would give up the hobby, and become eunuchs!

K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »

I've tried to sell my MasterMobile chain link bumper mount at Dayton for three years.  Most have no idea what it even is.  The last car I could use it on was a 1977 Ford Granada............?
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 07:23:26 AM »

Don't blame me, Alan.  This morning the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that chromium is just as unsafe as lead and that it must be removed from all automotive parts by April 1, 2014.  The Los Angeles County Sherriff's Department immediately filed for a waiver for their heavily-chromed motorcycles and the St. Louis Fire Department's legal department has sent a communication to the Court threatening to strike should they be required to remove their big chrome bells, their spotlights and their iconic chromed Federal Signal rotating sirens.

Finally, I just got a call from a friend with the Gateway City Classic Car Club indicating that his organization voted to stop having classic car shows in the interest of safety and begin knitting demonstrations instead.  The club narrowly defeated a motion that would have allowed chrome knitting needles, claiming they were intent on "doing their part" for our country, whatever it took.

Hey, we NEED to be guided by those much wiser than ourselves. 

Terry, WØFM
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 07:27:03 AM »

And our apologies to Earl, the OP, for inadvertantly hijacking his thread.  Now let's find him some MasterMobile photographs guys.

Terry

N8NSN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 07:21:14 AM »

Chrome don't get you home. However, a 1/4 inch thick metal bumper may serve well in a minor collision.

"Help... Aaaah, I'm on fire. Save me! Help me, Oprah Winfrey!"

I love that scene in Talledega Nights.

But seriously, is there no end in sight to these dumb bunnies whom "run our lives" in our "best interest"?

KD5XB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 06:38:08 PM »

I've tried to sell my MasterMobile chain link bumper mount at Dayton for three years.  Most have no idea what it even is.  The last car I could use it on was a 1977 Ford Granada............?

I'd almost buy it just because -- but my car has PLASTIC bumpers!!!

And our apologies to Earl, the OP, for inadvertantly hijacking his thread.  Now let's find him some MasterMobile photographs guys.

Terry

Aw shucks, it's all fun isn't it?  Besides I wish I had come up with some of this thread!  LOL!

But seriously, is there no end in sight to these dumb bunnies whom "run our lives" in our "best interest"?

No, seriously, there isn't.

But I'd sure like to see a photo of the Micros Z Match installed.

Vy 7 3
Earl
KD5XB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: