Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: connection counter frecuency on Atlas 210 help  (Read 1480 times)
LU6ALE

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2012, 07:59:47 PM »

Hi
I need help to connect a frequency counter to the rear external oscillator of  Atlas 210X transceiver
 I have 2 wires from frequency counter to connect to pins of external oscillator but I dont know what pins should be connected and also whether to keep the pins bridged 2 with 3 and 5 with 6
 I will appreciate any help
 Thanks and regards
 Marquin
LU6ALE
mjq@datafull.com
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:06:42 PM »

According to the manual the rear connector is for an external oscillator (model 10x). If you install that you have to remove the jumpers. The manual also tells you that removing the jumpers will disable the internal oscillator.
The schematic tells you that the oscillator output goes via pins 2 and 3 of the socket, 5 and 6 is the supply voltage. To couple a counter would mean to loosely couple it to pins 2 or 3. Loosely means either a small value capacitor or even just getting close with a piece of wire leading to the counter. This depends on the quality of the counter, i.e. its sensitivity. You'll have to try it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: