Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morse code by eye (software)  (Read 439 times)
KI4JGT

Ignore
« on: April 14, 2007, 02:18:15 PM »

I've always had an interest in learning morse by light and not sound I need some computer software to help. Anyone got any ideas?
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 04:13:22 PM »

All Morse software, such as G4FON, send pulses to your computer's speakers. Try substituting a 2-watt LED in place of the speaker. Home Depot sells them for flashlights. So does Radio Shack.
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 06:55:20 PM »

Sorry, but I have to ask. Why do you want to do this?
KB1NPY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 05:56:26 AM »

Morse Academy, which is available at http://www.speroni.com/AH0A.html has the ability to send visually. It sometimes takes a little bit of tinkering to get it to work in Windows XP, but in some respects, I like it a little better than G4FON. The option to change to visual signaling is under Options/Tone Generator if you're able to get the program working. I've also heard of programs that will flash an LED on the keyboard, but I cant think of the name of the software now.
KE5GHC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 06:31:27 AM »

I haven't tried it myself, but I found this in my bookmarks.

http://home.no.net/fenja256/superaldis/

Dave
KI4JGT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:34:12 AM »

Thanks you guys, and to the person asking why I want to do that, I don't know, Sometimes I just like trying new things. Well 73 guys and thanks a lot
K7NNG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 07:30:19 AM »

JOIN THE NAVY, THEY NEED SIGNALMEN. THEY WILL TEACH YOU FOR FREE AND LET YOU TRAVEL THE WORLD ON A LINER.
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 01:54:40 PM »

The Navy, alas, no longer has "Signalmen (SM)".  That job is now relegated to the Quartermasters (QM).  In the same vein, the Navy no longer has "Radiomen (RM)".  They are now "Information Systems Technicians (IT)".

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
KA9KQH

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 06:42:53 PM »

Try running Morse Academy from inside of the program called DosBox ( http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1 ) Dosbox let me run Morse Academy on Windows 2000 and even does a good job with the audio.

As a VE I used to advocate to the people who said they just couldn't "hear" CW that they try learning flashing light!  I would still recommend this as a learning method for those with hearing problems.
9A5AHA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 07:37:11 AM »

Hi,
It may help people with hearing problem to get on the air??
Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: