Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold my Flex 3000  (Read 26826 times)
W4HIJ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »

W4HIJ -

I had a positive Flex experience and shared it...

It's no skin off my backside if you believe me or not, so here is a small dose of reality for you...

Someone isn't a liar just because their experience is different than yours. The fact of the matter is they may know more about the subject matter than you. Ask questions and find out why others were successful and you weren't. That light bulb might just turn on for you. Also, try to put some effort into formulating an intelligent response that supports your side of an argument without the insults. You will find you're received much better.

Whoa there.... you took me totally the wrong way and misconstrued my comment.  I was joking. Hence the  Cheesy Cheesy icons after the liar comment.  I totally agree with you that someone isn't a liar because their experience is different from yours. From day one I owned my Flex 5K and hooked it up to my TL-922A  I never once experienced an RFI issue because I had already solved them several years before.
My reference to people having good experiences with Flex radios being liars stems from the situation here in this forum where  a group of Flex bashers and especially one cowardly individual in particular insist that  they are the only ones who tell the "truth" about Flex radios  and that anyone who has a different experience with them and relates it is a liar. You and I are totally on the same page but please accept my apology if my comment came across the wrong way. I guess I forget that sarcasm doesn't always translate well when it is typed rather than being spoken.
Michael, W4HIJ

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:33:48 PM by W4HIJ » Logged
AB2YC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »

I have the Flex-1500 and an amp, I don't have any issues with RFI and the Flex.

I have been quite happy with the Flex.

AF4RK

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 02:11:29 PM »

I run an Alpha 86 at 1 KW with a Flex Radio and the antenna, (43' vertical) is 10 feet from the operating position. There is a lot of ferrite but it's mostly for the computer. And I have NO PROBLEMS! I run 1 KW just to be conservative so the amp will last longer.
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 02:45:17 PM »

I run 1 KW just to be conservative so the amp will last longer.

Many tube amps will dissipate more power at lower power output settings than they will at full power, so I doubt that you're extending the life of the amp and/or tube(s) by doing this.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »

I run 1 KW just to be conservative so the amp will last longer.

Many tube amps will dissipate more power at lower power output settings than they will at full power, so I doubt that you're extending the life of the amp and/or tube(s) by doing this.

Not so, they might have slightly lower efficiency but peak dissipation will be lower. I will say this though, ceramic power tubes wear out at same rate (based on cathode emissivity decreasing with time) transmitting or on standby so you are not saving tube life.

--------------------------------------
You can embrace new computer/tablet technology and change with it or cling to old fall far behind....
W4HIJ

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 04:55:07 PM »

I find it extremely interesting that now that we have post after post about folks running Flex radios with high power and having no RFI issues that the Flex bashing club is strangely silent. Not that I'm complaining. I guess the little children don't like it that the game is no longer being played their way so they took their toys and went home! Grin Grin Good riddance too! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »

I guess you can't leave well enough alone? There haven't been that many posts and some even admit having to use ferrites. All in all a day late and a dollar short. You could have kept your extremely interesting observation to yourself and let the events speak for themseves...but since you have to point it out...hmmmm
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »

Something that occurred to me... I wonder how many shacks have a DSL or cable modem connected to the shack PC via ethernet cable.. That's one big path for RF going out the antenna, into the house telephone UTP or RG-6 shield, back into the consumer grade DSL or cable modem, which are not particularly well shielded, and on into the PC and attached Flex radio...

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: