Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-1802 stuck PTT?  (Read 3425 times)
KD8KLB

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2012, 08:17:07 PM »

Hello All,
Yep I'm a newbie.
I have the above rig, I've had it for about 3 yrs now. And for the last three years I lived in a remote area (my neighbors were Amish), and never made a contact.
Now I am living "in a big city" but I am not sure if my rig is broke or I'm just not operating it correctly.

The local repeater is 146.160 +103.5 PL, I've set the CCTS tone, but I seem unable to TX.
if I disconnect the mic, and plug it back in the radio tells me I am transmitting. If I power off and restart the unit, I do not get the TX indicator, but then I cannot transmit.
It seems my mic is to blame, but if it is how do I fix it? Is there anything else to try first?

Mon
AJ8L

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 03:58:04 AM »

I would take the mic apart and check the ptt switch with a meter to see if it is stuck. If not then check the mic wiring to make sure it is wired correctly. You should have a pinout drawing of the mic plug in the manual. It should be pretty straight forward. Geoff, AJ8L.
KD8KLB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 04:58:46 AM »

Thank you for answering.

Mon
KDKLB
KG6BRG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 06:31:38 AM »

Something else you might try is to be sure you have no offset, "+" or "-" and try TX on simplex. Listen on a second receiver if possible.  If you have a vswr / power meter, put that in series too.  Then you can see what is really going on.  good luck.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 05:54:53 AM »

Something else you might try is to be sure you have no offset, "+" or "-" and try TX on simplex. Listen on a second receiver if possible.  If you have a vswr / power meter, put that in series too.  Then you can see what is really going on.  good luck.

Not to shoot you down, but that won't help with the problem he's having.  It sounds like either a transistor switch in either the mike or the rig is shorted or that the mike wiring is shorted--in the mike or the rig.  

See if you can borrow another mike--or try your mike on another rig.  That will tell you where the problem is--the mike or the rig.  Other than that, I can't guide you further, you'll have to either send it for repair or get it to a local troubleshooter in your area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: