Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6m propagation horrible in OK  (Read 6936 times)
N2SLO

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »

Just horrible.. I have been watching the map all day, and at around 2100 hrs, the map is lit up full of activity, centered around the midwest, with activity to the west coast, and east coast at lower locations. A few FN31's or higher are working some E's, I don't hear a thing here in FN 30. Like I mentioned, this is the worst year for me on 6M. I have a 2 element Quad at 40 feet, and have confirmed almost 200 grids getting ready for another VUCC award (200). So, my modest set up always has no problem making contacts. I just don't get it this year. We have had minimal rain with HHH conditions on Long Island, crazy weather. 10M has also been dead.

David
KK4CIS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 07:46:59 PM »

6m SSB worked for me today in EN90 (Ohio County, WV) with 95 watts from an FT-897 through 2 element quad up 25' pointed WSW.   Worked a mobile in Ohio for my first ever 6m QSO, two stations in TX and one in OK.   Heard a FL station when pointed south, but could not work him.

KK4CIS
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 03:10:28 PM »

Finally had a couple of nice multi-hop Es openings back to the Great Lakes and upper East Coast grids from out here in DM15 in the Mojave Desert. Around 100 QSOs for the 2 openings total ranging from about 800-1200 out to 2000+ miles from me. Hope 6M is in good shape for the CQWW VHF test coming up.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 05:50:25 PM »

sloooowww going in central Ohio as well this Es season.

The  spots have been fair but they never seem to be audible  at this end.

Looks like the Gulf Coast have had some good times with the TE.
K0CBA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »

If you can believe the DX tip off web info spots, it seems the Europeans are keeping all the six meter propagation to themselves. (hi)

The US central/midwest has always been a six meter black hole compared to the 'right' and 'left' coasts.
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »

If you can believe the DX tip off web info spots, it seems the Europeans are keeping all the six meter propagation to themselves. (hi)

The US central/midwest has always been a six meter black hole compared to the 'right' and 'left' coasts.

The left coast hasn't been a gold mine of activity either. Of course, all the coast to coast activity seems to occur while I'm at work. When I get home, it is just N<>S West coast stuff.

Gene W5DQ
DM15 in SoCAL

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: