Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So far so good  (Read 1929 times)
VA3KBC

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »

Hidee Ho good neighbours!!

I tried over 30 years ago to get my ham license and had my 10 wpm code and also the rules and regs, but had only 78% when 80% was a passing grade on the theory part.
I gave up and moved on till now.

With the prospect of turning 60 and loosing a few friends way too young (58 and 61) it made me turn the corner and go forward and study for the coveted ham radio license. A month of studying every night for 2 to 3 hrs paid off.
Since obtaining my license ( 93% BASIC with HONOURS) March 27th of this year I have been working at building up my station.
It's taken over 30 years to get to this point and I feel like a kid in a candy store!!

My TS590 with the MC-60 mike is working like a charm. Smiley
The Dentron Clipperton L helps when there is high qrm,qrn and for that lower band where you need to run power just to be heard.

The Hy-Power OCF40 dipole at 55', 80 meter home brew dipole also at 55' and the Hy-Power 160 meter dipole at around 60' all
are working as best they can with 1.1 matching in the frequencies I qso on.

I have met a great bunch of guys and am looking forward to making more contacts and trying out the different aspects of amatuer radio, and just goes to show you never to give up on your dreams!!

VA3KBC
DJ/Don

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 05:01:58 AM »

Welcome and good luck!  I hope you have as much fun as the majority of us do--just don't let the naysayers get you down!  73!
WA8IUR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:12:25 PM »

Have fun. I also am 60yrs old and have been a a ham since 1963.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »

I will say that Don is a fine operator and has a very good sounding station. I know that because he checks into my hour of ONTARS on 3.755 between 7-8 AM on Thursday mornings.

Now that he has an amp his signal is even better  Grin

Glad you are enjoying the hobby Don.

73, Rick VE3FMC

PS anyone else who can copy me on Thursday mornings please check in and say hello between 7-8 AM EST on 3.755. I welcome all amateurs whether they be in Ontario or in the states.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: