Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FYI - Where to buy IRC's online from USPS.com  (Read 3451 times)
AJ4RW

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:36:44 AM »

Here's the website address for IRC purchase direct from USPS without going to the post office and hoping they've heard of an IRC.  I don't know if you'll be able to click on the link or have to copy and paste into the address bar.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=catBuyStamps%3asubcatS_S_OtherPostage&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=S_330900&categoryId=subcatS_S_OtherPostage

AJ4RW

AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 01:56:36 PM »

Your link works fine.  That is positively the best/easiest way to get em! Grin  73, Gene AF3Y
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »

Here's the website address for IRC purchase direct from USPS without going to the post office and hoping they've heard of an IRC.  I don't know if you'll be able to click on the link or have to copy and paste into the address bar.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=catBuyStamps%3asubcatS_S_OtherPostage&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=S_330900&categoryId=subcatS_S_OtherPostage

AJ4RW

Hey, try emailing the op and see if he takes paypal. I have been having pretty good success with that.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 04:14:10 PM »

I've been buying mine for several years via the USPS store online.  It seems like all of the post offices I've been to don't carry IRCs and some even don't know what they are.  One postal clerk even asked if it was related to food stamps and had to bring out the manager.

73 Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »

I love using paypal for QSLing also but I had an operator that specifically ask for IRC's and not greenbacks and made no mention of paypal to me in an email.  Since Maldives is hard for me to get confirmed, I will gladly send an IRC.  I was just doing this for the ones who need IRC's and thought it would be easier if they knew a direct access link to the USPS website.
Randy AJ4RW
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 06:51:20 PM »

Best to look for QSL managers carrying them. I know Bob, N2OO had a BUNCH he was selling for $1.75 a pop including shipping.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 12:46:56 AM »

Its $2.20 a piece plus $1.00 postage.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 03:43:06 AM »

The  IRC's need to be stamped, are the ones you get this way stamped? 
There is one clerk at the main post office who knows about IRC's (at least where they
are kept) but he asked me:  "What are they used for?" 
The only time I use then is when the DX operator specifically asks for them. 
Paypal is easy and green stamps work most of the time unless some light fingered crook
intercepts them.
Allen KA5N
KJ4FUU

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:57:24 AM »

Keep in mind that some versions of Firefox don't work properly with the USPS web site, because that site was designed around IE.

-- Tom
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 01:04:38 PM »

The  IRC's need to be stamped, are the ones you get this way stamped? 
There is one clerk at the main post office who knows about IRC's (at least where they
are kept) but he asked me:  "What are they used for?" 
Paypal is easy and green stamps work most of the time unless some light fingered crook
intercepts them.
Allen KA5N

They will arrive properly stamped and ready to use.   Gene AF3Y
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 02:19:20 PM »

You've got to be kidding .... a buck postage to send you two bucks postage. What are they sending them by ..... armored car?Huh

No wonder the PO is going the he$$ in a hand basket!!!!

I just complained loud enough that my local PO customer counter now carries IRCs in stock and all the clerks know what they are and how to ring them up!!!

W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »

You've got to be kidding .... a buck postage to send you two bucks postage. What are they sending them by ..... armored car?Huh

No wonder the PO is going the he$$ in a hand basket!!!!

I just complained loud enough that my local PO customer counter now carries IRCs in stock and all the clerks know what they are and how to ring them up!!!

W5DQ

The locals will get em for you. They usually (at my last post office) dont like to keep them in stock though, so they usually want you to buy the total amount you/they order. I understand this, as they obviously dont get a lot of calls for IRCs Shocked
When I last ordered from the USPS website, postage was $1.00, and I got 50 IRCs.  Each one is wrapped individually in cellophane, with a piece of thin cardboard inside as a stiffner, so the postage was probably a bargain in that case.  73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:39:40 PM by AF3Y » Logged
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 01:49:07 AM »

The  IRC's need to be stamped, are the ones you get this way stamped?  
are kept) but he asked me:  "What are they used for?"  
intercepts them.
Allen KA5N

Yes they are stamped by the Kansas City, MO Stamp Fulfillment Services.  It used to be $1 and some change then $2.10.  Recently it's priced at $2.20 and now there's a 10 cent stamp stuck right on it.  Guess this is because the US Dollar is tanking.

Oh by the way Gene, AF3Y, they don't come wrapped in cellophane with a cardboard stiffener anymore.  It arrived loose in a cardboard envelope.

73, Delwyn KH6DC
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:51:41 AM by KH6DC » Logged

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: