Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DXCC Online Application Turn Around?  (Read 4921 times)
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 06:06:20 PM »

I saw that mine was updated to "application received" status today! Smiley  Did you get any further updates?
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »

I saw that mine was updated to "application received" status today! Smiley  Did you get any further updates?

Afraid that's only part of the wait. Mine has been in that status for a few weeks, which is not really unusual for a paper app. But I thought online DXCC was supposed to make this easier and faster. Hmm.
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 08:32:47 PM »

I read that turn around time is now 5 weeks for the old fashioned application submittal. Some had reported 2 weeks turn around time for this new online DXCC, but they have been working very hard on the CQ Awards in LOTW - so who knows.

I guess if they beat 5 weeks turn around, then its faster  Grin

Being a computer programmer and systems designer, I am more interested in how they are streamlining their systems, and I think about how they can get closer to "near automation".

They did a great job with LOTW - once you get past Fort Knox. I expect they will get DXCC Online to the point where the checker logs in and approves the app. Doesn't seem like a stretch at all. The three local card checkers that I have met in the Bay Area are super guys and very professional. I appreciate their service very much. They are very trustworthy.

But in IT - land, everything takes time. I do appreciate that the ARRL takes security and these procedures seriously - so no one can "game the system".

NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 04:54:32 AM »

I used the on line application process and had my cards checked at the local hamfest on June 9th. Just saw the updates on LoTW this morning so it took my application about 4.5 weeks from submission to update. I had approx. 250 cards.
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 09:24:14 AM »

My application was processed today. This means:

My card checker mailed it on June 18th.
The ARRL received it on June 27th

It took only 2 weeks and 2 days to process.

I'm very impressed!
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 11:48:38 AM »

Mine was processed today as well. It was initially received by the DXCC desk on June 21.

No endorsement stickers this time but the next lotw submission I should be getting one or two.
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »

I had my online application card checked at a hamfest about the same time as yours, KY6R. Mine took a little longer to get to the "received" status by the ARRL.. July 5.

Woo hoo!!! UPDATED!!!!!  Smiley Grin Cool Cheesy

So...

Here's a DXCC question:
My initial first-time-ever DXCC award was from LOTW, with 139 mixed making it through. I received my certificate, it's hanging nicely on the wall. Now with the updated, I am at 252 mixed. Will I get endorsement stickers for 150,200 and 250 or will I just start right off at a 250 endorsement sticker? (I also pushed my CW cert from barely over 100 to now over 200 and will be getting a 20m cert as well)
K4JC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »

I also did the online DXCC, had the cards checked on June 9, and ARRL's website showed my application received about a week later. My LoTW records were updated today, so it looks like a 4.5 week turnaround right now. I suspect that all mailed applications are put into the same pile and take the same length of time to process, whether online DXCC was used or not. The difference is that it saves someone at HQ from having to type in your QSL info.

The first time I submitted an LoTW-only application my record was updated in less than an hour! Second time took about 5 days, so I'm not sure what's going on there...

KB2FCV: I might be talking out of my ear, but I believe you'll get all 3 endorsement stickers. Congrats for passing the 250 mark!
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 04:07:39 PM »

My awards arrived today but there is some confusion.

I had about 5 countries I added by LOTW back in June (and paid to apply the credits). They show up in my DXCC award matrix online. Those 5 are Yemen, Botswana, Guernsey, Jan Mayan, and Somalia, all confirmed via LOTW and still showing right now in my award matrix. They have been showing for a while now.

When I received the printed award matrix today with my stickers, no 5 countries listed above, no 250 sticker. They are showing me at 247 on the paper. I identified the missing ones all match up with the 5 countries I added via LOTW. I think I need to call ARRL HQ on this one and get it sorted out.

Separately, I had a few that also get kicked back for duplicate country/band/mode (I was expecting that.. some timing was a little weird with LOTW). I had 2 others that came back with prefix/country mismatch. One of those two was a mistake by the idiot typing this post. The other one was my China QSO, the QSL is VO1AU/BY1RX. I guess they think it's Canada by the way the call is on the QSL card. I'm gonna have to call on that one.

Oh and my 20m award didn't arrive.. but I suspect that is shipped / processed separately
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:10:02 PM by KB2FCV » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: