Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Field Day - W8FD (COOKEN ARC) - at Four Church Farm, Licking County, OH  (Read 6534 times)
W3HKK

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »

Looks like 4 stations this year, off  commercial mains, operating   ssb, cw, digital.  Bands will be 80-6m.  100w.  This years new secret weapon is a club hexbeam to go up at around 35 ft.  for 20-15-10-6M.

See you this weekend.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »

Hope you guys did well!

W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 06:43:18 PM »

a rough count of 1200 qsos made by our 4 stations.  40 was excellent- all day and night.  80 gave me runs of up to 119/hr just before sunrise. 20 was good and 15 was pretty hot too.  10 was essentially closed.  Not much on 6m which surprises me with all the new rigs  having that band. 

Overall, these were the best conditions Ive seen in a couple of years.  No rain.  Hot but   light  QRN.  A large turnout of ticks and spiders but mosquitos were weakly represented thanks to our ongoing drought.

How did others do in FD?  Both clubs and individuals???  Feel free to jump in and trade experiences.

Mine was watching tiny spiders crawl out of my laptops keyboard as I entered qsos in the darkness just before sunrise.
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »

a final count of 1185 were qsos made by our 4 stations.  40 was excellent- all day and night.  80 gave me runs of up to 119/hr just before sunrise. 20 was good and 15 was pretty hot too.  10 was essentially closed.  Not much on 6m which surprises me with all the new rigs  having that band. 

Overall, these were the best conditions Ive seen in a couple of years.  No rain.  Hot but   light  QRN.  A large turnout of ticks and spiders but mosquitos were weakly represented thanks to our ongoing drought.

How did others do in FD?  Both clubs and individuals???  Feel free to jump in and trade experiences.

Mine was watching tiny spiders crawl out of my laptops keyboard as I entered qsos in the darkness just before sunrise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: