The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling a Little Discouraged  (Read 2167 times)
KQ6UP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 07:54:36 AM »

Thanks guys.  I'm feeling much better about everything.  I think that I was expecting miracles in a short time.  I had read some post that some gentleman had trained up a bunch of folks to do 20wpm head copy in 2 months, and I was using that standard to measure my own progress.  I think another person suggestion that after about 500 QSO's I'll be at where I want to be.  I will probably reach my goal of a REAL COMFY head copy @ 20wpm.  I tried taking a break as one gentleman suggested.  I didn't do any CW this weekend except when I drove my Jeep to 9000ft, I couldn't resist, and had OH4OJ come back to a general CQ.  However, the break didn't seem to boost the CW when I came back yesterday.  I will just keep plugging away with making QSO's.  I still think the software is valuable because one can zero in on confusing pairs (i.e. v and 4, J and 1, etc...).  As a matter of fact, I think this area is where I am having the most trouble.

Chris KQ6UP
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 10:33:43 AM »

I know what you mean about confusing pairs!  The most difficult one I had was when I was working a contest and the station on the other end was an SH5...  Boy talk about difficult to copy!
KQ6UP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 07:36:46 AM »

Man, I had the best QSO last night with W6FA.  What a difference, his superb fist and 20+ signal made for a nice rag chew at about 20 wpm.  Ah ha, finally reaching my goal of being able to rag chew at higher speeds.  I am so looking forward to pounding some major brass at field day.

73's es GM de KQ6UP SK EE
KF5KWO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »

My current problem is reading/copying the code.  I know the letter and number characters, and practice sending (off the air with my keyer) all manner of texts, made-up conversations, or SSB QSO's.  My problem is when I listen, I'm only getting a few characters here and there.  I'm trying not to write them down, as many of you recommend doing it in my head.  I'm S L O W L Y getting better.  Once I hook my keyer up to my radio, I'll get on the air and do actual QSO's.  

73 de Jeff, KF5KWO
Helotes, TX
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: