Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expert Electronics of Russia (SunSDR2) in violation of the GPL  (Read 22080 times)
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 03:34:24 AM »

I'm hoping Gene would be making the same points no matter the origin of the company. It seems so far coincidental that this is about a Russian company and it doesn't seem at least to me that Gene's points are politically motivated.

Are you kidding me? I don't care if it is a Russian company or an Indian company or a Nigerian company.  The pre-payment with wire transfer trips all kinds of red flags in the scam detector.    

In case someone has not noticed, I have also heavily criticized a certain American SDR company here for its past unwillingness to admit and deal with reported problems.  Thanks to the complainers, Flex seems to be getting better about dealing with long standing issues.  Most guys would rather sit back and be lemming like fan-boys instead of working to get the problems addressed.

I dislike dishonest companies and companies who treat their customers poorly when valid problems are reported.

We are Ham Radio operators. We should be supporting and informing each other about these shady companies and products, not acting as a fan-boy to certain Ham Radio companies whose primary interest is separating you from your hard earned cash.  I tried to warn some of my friends about WonderRadio, but they learned the hard way.  They ended up with no product and almost a grand short in their Ham Radio spending money wallets.

Gene

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:45:19 AM by KE5JPP » Logged
G4PNX

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 06:05:34 AM »

Gene,

I agree with everything you say and, like you, I despise companies lacking even the basics of honesty and integrity...remember the 'New Architecture' and 'Deep Impact' and the cynically misleading statements which still appear on the FRS website under FAQ and Product Matrix.

Its right to question what other governments are doing to uphold International agreements/law but what, exactly, has the FTC or any other Consumer Protection organisation in the U.S. done to take Flex Radio to task and offer some protection even to U.S. consumers??

David - G4PNX

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 06:59:13 AM »

Thanks to the complainers, Flex seems to be getting better about dealing with long standing issues.

Most guys would rather sit back and be lemming like fan-boys instead of working to get the problems addressed.

I dislike dishonest companies and companies who treat their customers poorly when valid problems are reported.

Many of these "lemming like fan-boys" continue to make fools of themselves here on the eham SDR forum because of their complete lack of knowledge.

Stan K9IUQ
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 07:13:16 AM »

Copyright law - it's so 60's!

New software development - it's so 60's!

The next generation of radios - there so 60's!

Grin
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 08:08:29 AM »

Vasily and crew will likely have to move past this open source weekend hobby boy scout code and on to professional custom code designed to extract the maximum potential of the hardware product.

"open source weekend hobby boy scout code"  = Flexradio PSDR

Flexradio "apparently" is going to move on to "professional custom code designed to extract the maximum potential of the hardware product" and charge you lots of $$$ every year for the privilege of not using open source weekend hobby boy scout code.   Roll Eyes LMAO  

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:11:42 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:49 AM »

The pre-payment with wire transfer trips all kinds of red flags in the scam detector.    

Does pre-payment of  $1200-$2100 for a promised, presently not existing Flexradio 6000 SDR set off your scam detector?  Wink

Stan K9IUQ
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »

It's a common practice of software companies to charge recurring annual fee for support and updates. It's to be expected in my line of work. Not sure why there is some preconceived notion that an appliance manufacturer should provide free software updates and enhancements after the sale, in perpetuity. Technical support, yes. That is a given and to be expected. Charging for technical support with a recurring fee while providing no additional enhancements over that period would be unacceptable.

I've seen nothing yet that leads me to assume Vasily and EE are a scam or on the take, nor anything that would cause me to viciously malign their government or culture in a public forum, or make leaps of assumptions insinuating nefarious motives on their part.

While EE might have technically been remiss in not immediately providing the open source for their compilation, I fail to see where harm was done. No money was lost. No royalties were skipped. No profit was made off the software itself. 

Bring on the new SDR.
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 07:45:39 AM »

Once again, wwe fail to distinguish between the Russian Government and the Russian people.  We  may not like the Russian Government, but I don't see this Russian company in the same light as the Government.
WE0Z

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2013, 06:13:22 AM »

Gene- Ever cheat just a little bit on your 1040 forms?
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 07:18:34 AM »

Once again, wwe fail to distinguish between the Russian Government and the Russian people.  We  may not like the Russian Government, but I don't see this Russian company in the same light as the Government.

Corruption comes from somewhere.  It does not just appear mysteriously from outer space in the form of aliens in the Russian Government.  It takes Russian people to make a Russian Government, so how do you separate it?  Its a generalization, but it does not mean that it is not generally true.

Gene is correct, Paypal will not even deal with Russian companies because of the corruption and fraud and Paypal has very little ethics!
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: