Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K9DZD Mr. Monte Keller  (Read 3392 times)
KB8BAB

Ignore
« on: June 29, 2012, 11:23:48 PM »

Has anyone dealt with this gentleman recently?
I've been in contact with him regarding a HF radio...when all kinds of warnings from several years ago popped up....
This has made me a bit leary.....

Allas, I do not know any of the circumstances but I try to look for the good in a person, people can change....
I'm looking for some feedback before I Yay or Nay the deal...

73's

Bart
K9XR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »

FWIW Monte, K9DZD told me he wanted to buy a wattmeter and an antenna from me. He said he would send a money order. 6 days later he sent me another email telling me he had a family emergency and that he was sorry for the delay. He than asked me if he could pay with PayPal. Since I had lowered my price for him and I expected a Money Order I told him That I would take PayPal if he would pay the 3% it would cost me. That was 8 days ago and I haven't heard from him since.

I have a bad habit of often shipping the items before I receive the payment. I don't usually have any problems. I can usually get a gut feeling about someone pretty quick. Well I also have heard about Mont's antics over the last several years and I did not ship before payment because I had a feeling it would go this way. I didn't even remove the ad I was so sure he would never pay. I wouldn't count on him for very much.
KB8BAB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 11:25:26 PM »

Thanks for the response...

Like I said, I like/hope to see the good in people....but my gut is also telling me to walk away..... I will...

Whatever this gentleman's antics were or are (I by no means am judging him) it has seemingly unfortunately ruined his trust- worthyness.

73's

NJ2R

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »

Mr Keller continues his ways. He responded to a WTB ad on QRZ for a Globe Scout, after a couple emails sent pictures and I agreed to buy. He was paid by PayPal and I even included extra to cover the fee as a bonus to him. After a month, no Globe Scout, no replies to emails, and his address in Florence, WI is a summer house according to the county sheriff. The long and short of this is wheter he ever comes through or not (and I have no expectations tht he will) Angry, one should think three times and avoid any transactions with K9DZD. 73, Roger, NJ2R
N5VTU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 07:55:35 PM »

Take a look right here on eHam

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,58510.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: