Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DB 4048 Duplexer  (Read 3912 times)
N9DO

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2012, 01:34:23 PM »

I have a DB 4048 duplexer that I would like to convert for 2 meters. I have the informational sheets that tells what is necessary to do that task. My question is the loop connectors, (for the conversion) available somewhere or does one just have to manufacture their own. If manufacturing on site, can the existing ones but cut and extensions soldered in (for the long ones) and then cut the existing ones to the shorter length and solder them together. Will this work?
Thanks for your help.
George N9DO
K9KJM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »

Since your jumpers need to be LONGER to go lower in frequency, It is usually best to just make up new jumpers from new coax. (Do use HIGH QUALITY coax, Like RG 214, etc) 

On UHF, Just adding 90 degree elbows sometimes is enough length to get into the band.  Two meters takes a little more than that.

Check all the instructions on Repeater Builder . com

(I do assume you are talking about the coax jumpers between the cans?  Those are the parts that need to be lengthened.)

In most all cases, The internal duplexer "loops" will work just fine as is.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: