Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website self promotion by eham posts  (Read 6225 times)
KF6QEX

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:51:14 PM »

I might be the single, only, solitary person that gets annoyed by  posts like  "go to my website at http://www........ to read all about it"  especially when eham has a place for it already.
Then again, I might not be.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »

You may want to look at it from the posters point of view.  A lot of people come here to offer advice, and do so cheerfully.  Why should they have to put up a long, detailed post when they already have a website that has the info on it for all to see--especially if they have other things to do?  Most don't consider it self promotion, they just want to offer the info.

I'd rather see the referral to a good, well laid out website than just a vague answer that gives little info.  Of course, that's just my .02--your opinion may be entirely different!!   Grin
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:37:31 AM »

Hi,
The major reason for posting links as opposed to an on line review is to keep the ability to modify it or remove it if I decide to, I will frequently make changes to a review, as I find typos, or errors.  I also add addendum's to reviews as new data becomes available.  Secondarily posting a long review, twice makes not a lot of sense to me.  Finally, I have more format control on my web site than I do any place else, so I can add bold, italics, photos, etc, without having to do it two or more times.  Sorry the post offended you, that was not my intent.

Dave
NK7Z
http://www.nk7z.net

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:08:06 AM »

Finally, I have more format control on my web site than I do any place else, so I can add bold, italics, photos, etc, without having to do it two or more times.

Since we seem to agree your intent was to direct readers to your site, here is some info you should find useful:

http://www.eham.net/about/adinfo

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 01:33:24 PM »

Since we seem to agree your intent was to direct readers to your site,

While we are at it let us BAN or CENSOR (moderate) all posters who put their website link below their name in a "tag line".

We could eliminate lots of hams that way...  Cheesy Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
www.I-have-no-website-do-not-click-on-this-or-i-will-get-banned.com   LMAO
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:37:11 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »

Finally, I have more format control on my web site than I do any place else, so I can add bold, italics, photos, etc, without having to do it two or more times.

Since we seem to agree your intent was to direct readers to your site, here is some info you should find useful:

http://www.eham.net/about/adinfo

Yes, lets make every person with a sig and web address pay, then lets make every person who even mentions a web site pay, etc...  Sigh...  If I continue then the moderators will have a good reason to delete my post, so I'll stop...  I am not sure how to say this politely, so I'll just thank you for your input on this subject, and communicate with you no more...  Have a good day sir, and 73's, hope to work you on the bands sometime.

73's
Dave

Thanks,
Dave
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 03:51:41 PM »

Yes, lets make every person with a sig and web address pay

73's
Dave

No need to make people with a competing sig and web address pay. The moderators should just delete the offending link. They would be well within their rights! Wink

Fred EI4GMB

'You can never plan the future by the past'

'Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.'

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 05:53:33 PM »

The moderators should just delete the offending link. They would be well within their rights! Wink

Fred EI4GMB

While we are at it lets also delete all those crappy sayings that hams continue to put below their call signs, things like :""There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)"

The moderators should just delete the sayings.  They would be well within their rights!  Grin Grin Grin

I for one am tired of constantly reading this crap. Some are quite offensive. Where are the moderators when you need em?  Wink

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:56:12 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »

...nope, ain't nobody bitchy in this thread.

Never change a password on a Friday                
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 04:33:37 AM »

While we are at it lets also delete all those crappy sayings that hams continue to put below their call signs, things like :""There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)"

The moderators should just delete the sayings.  They would be well within their rights!  Grin Grin Grin

I for one am tired of constantly reading this crap. Some are quite offensive. Where are the moderators when you need em?  Wink

Stan K9IUQ

Stan,

On another thread you complained that your posts were being moderated for no reason. I can now see why they may have caused offense to others.

Fred EI4GMB
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:35:39 AM by EI4GMB » Logged

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 04:40:47 AM »

Yes, lets make every person with a sig and web address pay, then lets make every person who even mentions a web site pay, etc...  Sigh...  If I continue then the moderators will have a good reason to delete my post, so I'll stop...  I am not sure how to say this politely, so I'll just thank you for your input on this subject, and communicate with you no more...  Have a good day sir, and 73's, hope to work you on the bands sometime.

73's
Dave

Dave,

If I where you I would start being nice to the moderators. They have been very tolerant of your nonsense so far. They have also been very fair in allowing your reviews link to remain. It seems you haven't been the same in your treatment of them.

Kind Regards

Fred EI4GMB

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 06:01:54 AM »

Stan,
On another thread you complained that your posts were being moderated for no reason. I can now see why they may have caused offense to others.

It is called differing opinions. It is why forums were created in the first place. You appear to only want one side of the argument to be posted, all others should be deleted because they are offensive to you. That ain't the way it is going to work in the USA.

Maybe your country is different.  Censor (moderate) all opinions that do not conform to yours?

Get rid of that tagline quote Fred, it just makes you look silly.....

Stan K9IUQ
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 08:36:05 AM »

Stan,

It is called differing opinions. It is why forums were created in the first place. You appear to only want one side of the argument to be posted, all others should be deleted because they are offensive to you. That ain't the way it is going to work in the USA.

Maybe your country is different.  Censor (moderate) all opinions that do not conform to yours?

Get rid of that tagline quote Fred, it just makes you look silly.....

Stan K9IUQ

Funny. I don't think any of your posts have been moderated despite the fact that you have made all kinds of
allegations and have been abusive to others. For my part, I believe in sticking to rational and reasonable debate. It seems you on the other hand, would rather throw tantrums like an adolescent and engage in silly name calling. Well, I'm afraid I'm a little old for that sort of thing so you will have to find another sparring partner, Stan! Wink

Fred EI4GMB

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »

Dave,

If I where you I would start being nice to the moderators. They have been very tolerant of your nonsense so far. They have also been very fair in allowing your reviews link to remain. It seems you haven't been the same in your treatment of them.

Kind Regards

Fred EI4GMB

Fred,
It appears that you are now threatening me with moderation...  Please do report anything you see that I have done to the moderators, I would be surprised if a moderator removed a post from this thread of mine, on the other hand, you should be careful, as your posts may have verged on insults, while mine were polite and reasonable.  In any case, I believe this thread is over from a usefulness point of view, as neither of us will change our positions, and it now seems to be becoming useless to beat the dead horse.  I thank you for a wonderful interchange, and as I said a while ago, I look forward to working you on the air.  I however will no longer reply to your interactions within this thread.  Again, thank you for your kind words and thoughts...  As I mentioned in my last post, you are correct, people need to self edit their posts.

Dave
NK7Z
Dave

Thanks,
Dave
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 09:34:13 AM »

No need to thank me Dave. Thank the moderators for putting up with your nonsense and for allowing your reviews link to remain. Seems you owe them an apology. You certainly have some cheek and a brass neck to boot!

Fred EI4GMB
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:37:40 AM by EI4GMB » Logged

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: