Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DM780 Macro Save Problem  (Read 3594 times)
NH7FL

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »

Greetings,

I've been playing around with HRD and DM780 and quite like the suite however I've found that I can't get any of the Macros edited in DM aside from the pre filled information.  I have the latest version which came out a couple of days ago.  I've been able to find other threads which acknowledge that it was a bug, but having read the release info on the new version this was something that was going to be fixed in the version I have now. I'm puzzled.  This is a real problem when trying to work PSK.  I can't complain since the software is free however any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Art NH7FL
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 04:26:23 AM »

I would suggest you find the original build of version 5.0 and use that until some of the bugs are ironed out.
There is a lot of functionality in that package, and the major sections work fine.
If you want to only use PSK31 and some other digimodes you can even use version 4, although I don't think it supports RSID which is handy.

I am not sure about which version you are referring to, since version 6 is not free - but I use the old version 5, and it works well, and is free.
I am not sure if you understand that originally HRD was free, but the developer sold it recently, so it is now a commercial product.
The new owners did some bug fixes/feature-adds but, from reading posts, there may be some bugs introduced, but again this is hearsay.

In any case, I would stick with version 5.0 build 2893, which does what you want with macros and is pretty feature rich.

Again, I don't keep up with HRD these days, but believe that version 6 onwards will be commercial-payware.
Some googling on your part will quickly clarify the situation.
You could also try FLdigi which is a great, and totally free, digimodes program.

Good luck, 73 - Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: