There is a repeater in town using the RC210 Repeater Controller (http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/rc210/rc210.html
) and I had some questions about it - curious if anyone had any experience with this? I know very little (read: near none) about repeater controllers, so I'm trying to brainstorm some things that I've heard/seen on other repeaters, and trying to see if we can introduce those features to this repeater.
Since I've started looking into it, I have found out that there is a computer application that can possibly simplify a lot of the programming vs. having to use DTMF codes which should be amazingly more simple.
So far my list of things that I'd like to integrate are as follows:
- Tone Decoder (I think that's the term ... essentially allowing TSQ to be used on the listener's radio
- Automatic announcement of a Net
- A macro to link port 1 and port 2 (2m and 70cm repeaters) together
- A seperate macro to link and take the tone off during emergencies (skywarn maybe?)
- Announcement of the repeater, PL, etc.
- Ability to broadcast the AR Newsline once a week at a specified time
Now from what I've started to gather is the last request may be a bit complicated. One suggested (I think) using a rig blaster and just using the computer to broadcast this instead? I guess at that point, I'd need to a macro to disable the time out on the repeater so it'd do it in whatever time blocks I needed for the broadcast? How would all of that work?
Really, I'm just looking for ways to use this controller to it's fullest advantage. If there's ways to link this repeater to another repeater outside of my direct control (one in a nearby city that does skywarn events?) that'd be really awesome too... Just looking for ideas. What have you seen, what do you do, what do you like, etc.