Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed for Kenwood TKR-850 (Search and Rescue Team)  (Read 11527 times)
N2RPO

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:24:08 AM »

Greetings..

I am very confortable with radio programming, but this one is about to make me smash my head in the wall. We have a Kenwood TKR-850 (V2) UHF repeater that is used on a mobile field hospital here in NC. I was hoping to have it narrowbanded here soon, but unable to get the CPS to work. My belief is it has something to due with the registration number when I load the program. According to my notes the unit should use KPG-91D and is a model K with no other additions. The KPG91D is giving me a "CHECK RADIO TYPE" as if it is the wrong one. I have scrolled through all selection models... but it says "851 K" on the top of the screen. (Telling me it is not allowing me the correct selection maybe based on the Registration number?). Been on the phone with Kenwood, they try, but not much help yet. I am reading other models fine (TK790 etc). Checked COM1 parameters and all is fine. Does anyone have any experience with this unit or have something of the KPG-91D that could help?

Thanks again
Matt McMahon
ComL
State Medical Assistance Team 100
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »

My version of the software (KPG-91D) will load without a radio attached. I can change it from 750 to 850 and then select the model. Once setup I set communication parameters. I turn off the PC. Install the KPG-46 cable between the radio and PC, boot the PC, and when up and the software running turn on the repeater. Connects with out a problem.

Try running the software with nothing connected to the PC first.

Clif
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: