Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PIEXX Computers and Electronics  (Read 6582 times)
WC4FSU

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »

Has anyone ever heard of these folks? They apparently have duplicated some products and the model numbers are the same, except for adding "px" to the model number.  An example would be the VS-2px, Voice Synthesizer for the Kenwood TS-450 line.

Before we order from an unknown company, we were wondering if they are legit.

Their website:
http://www.piexx.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=46

73/88
WC4FSU and WR4FSU
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:01:39 AM »

I would highly recommend Piexx . I have purchased several things from them in the past and they have always worked as advertised. 
G8DZC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »

I have purchased a tone generator from them. No problem at all and they fixed a problem I had without any hesitation. Nice company to do business with. Smiley
AB4ZT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 01:53:24 PM »

Here is another vote of confidence for their products and their service.  I do not hesitate to recommend them.

Richard
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 06:38:55 PM »

I've been dealing with them for over 7 years that I know of. Straight up company and Chris is very nice to deal with. As a repair center I have bought a little bit of everything they make that deals with Kenwood. Never had a problem. Highly recommended. Check the Company Reviews section.

As a plus the Piexx speech board has a pleasant mans voice instead of the Japanese female.

Clif KA5IPF
www.avvid.com
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 12:34:43 PM »

Chris is the real deal. Been around for a while.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »

Great products, wide products selection,
with friendly and helpful advice.

I have their RS232 Level Converter Board w/cable
for my Kenwood TS-940
Works great, and simple to install.

Works better, installs easier, and cost less than
original Kenwood level converter hardware for
this radio.......IF you could find it.
  Cheesy

Super company to do business with...a no brainer.
You will not be disappointed.
73, Ken  AD6KA
K9CTB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 09:07:10 PM »

I guess I don't need to chime in, but I will.  I don't think you can or will go wrong with any Piexx product.  Unless you order the wrong item for your application, and even then, Chris will help you through making the right choice.

I own probably more than my share of Piexx products, from the early Syntor (plain) modification through the Syntor X and TS-940 RS232 adapter board.  Everything still operates flawlessly and the support is nothing short of stellar.  You won't be disappointed.

vy 73,

K9CTB
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »

The IF10C(PX) works flawlessly and helped turn my Trusty Rusty old TS-140S into a computer-controlled digi mode workhorse.
WA1HMW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »

Recently bought a PIEXX Digital board for my TS 930. Jim was very professional and delivery of the board 2 to 3 days. The PIEXX PCB worked first time and have a lot of extra memory slots. Also display portion is excellent . I asked Jim is he interested in designing a small 100 watts amp for the TS 930 and TS 940.I have started building and checking out RF amps from the Communication Concepts inc. These  Kits  are very inexpensive. There are many of these older Kenwood models needing new amplifiers since the RF amp pre-drivers are breaking down because of inadequate voltage breakdown margins. Unfortunately Motorola  quit making a pre-driver MRF 485 with low betas.They do for some reason manufacture an MRF 485 with high betas which unfortunately tends to oscillate and self destruct. In fact the pre-drivers in my TS 940 cracked open creamed out the Power Supply regulator transistor etc. Kenwood are at fault for designing parts that function with inadequate safe voltage margins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: