Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heil Proset 4 into FT 8800R  (Read 1983 times)
KF6YGY

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »

So I need some help. I'm trying to figure out why our heil proset 4 headset is not functioning properly. When I transmit I get a beep in the headset, however I have no audio coming out of the headphones only out of the radio's speaker. Doe anyone know if this headset even works on this radio? Also if I get a dual mono plug to single stero adapter will this work? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Rob Dalley KF6YGY
 West LA VA Medical Center
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 04:59:01 AM »

As for the mic and PTT, you will need to make an adapter from the 6 pin modular to your Heil connections (1/8" mono for mic, 1/4" mono for PTT). You can go to http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rg4wpw/date.html#yaesu and look up the pin out in the 8800.

The 6 pin modular on the 8800 is the same as a RJ-12. It is an RJ-11 with all 6 slots active. It may be a little hard to find. Most telephone cords are RJ-11, 4 pin jacks (6 slots, only 4 active). If you keep it short, you shouldn't have to worry about RF getting into the adapter.

As for the headphone, run it to the ext speaker jack (1/8" mono). You will need to set Menu 39 "SPCONT" properly. There are 4 settings:

EXT: The audio is routed to external speaker (internal speaker is off).
OFF: The audio is not routed (internal and external speakers are both off).
INT.EXT: The audio is routed to both the internal and external speakers.
INT: The audio is routed to the internal speaker only (external speaker is off).

I would suggest EXT for your "working" side, and INT for your monitoring side. Or EXT for both. You have to set it for each side.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:03:15 AM by NA4IT » Logged
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »

>> ... mobile ham messages ... pro set 4 ...

And make sure it is legal for you to have both ears covered with a headset while mobile. In many states, it is not legal to operate a motor vehicle with a headset on - for us mere civilians.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
KF6YGY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »

Thanks for the help guys. We purchased an adaptor from radio shack and it works fine. The radio is stationary and not used mobile. have a great day.

Rob KF6YGY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: