About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BC453  (Read 1985 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »

Anyone know what the maximum and minimum bandwidths are - i.e adjustment rods pulled out and pushed in?
K4FMX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »

Anyone know what the maximum and minimum bandwidths are - i.e adjustment rods pulled out and pushed in?

That goes back a long way! Minimum bandwidth is with all of the rods pulled out. I can't remember what that bandwidth is offhand but I think that with the middle rod pushed in and the two end ones pulled out it was something like 2.7 KHz wide at the nose. All pulled out I think had a sharper nose than that.

Gary  K4FMX
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 05:01:40 AM »

Thanks Gary. I'll just have to measure the IFTs for coupling factor and Q.
KB1WSY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »

If you go to this page on the HBR receiver website you will find a chart listing the experimentally measured bandwidths for the BC-453 IFTs, with the micarda rods in, with the rods out, and also some oscilloscope traces of the skirt:

http://www.qsl.net/k5bcq/HK/HK.html#AFEW

(Depending on the size of your computer screen, you may have to scroll down a bit to get to the chart and the scope traces.)

There are readings both for a single IFT, and for a circuit of two IFTs. For a single IFT the result was a BW of 3.0 KHz at 6dB down. When a second IFT was added, the BW with the rods pulled out on both cans dropped to as low as 1.8 KHz at 6 dB down.

73 de Martin, KB1WSY
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:52:33 AM »

Tnx Martin.

Peter G3RZP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: