The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the reluctance to adopt JT9?  (Read 7507 times)
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 01:01:20 PM »

Why the hold up in switching over? Is it turning in to a PSK31 ordeal where everyone goes "well, it's here first; why change?" or are some people just completely against the idea of JT9?

No, none of the above. But, IMHO, you nailed it in your first paragraph.

Sure, it's a bit of a boring mode, .....

The minimum legitimate QSO time is about 5 minutes.  That's a lot of time to exchange calls, a report, and say 73.  I don't see JT remaining this popular for an extended time but I guess it has appeal to those with mediocre stations.  I'm tired of the mode after about 50 to 100 QSOs.

Chris  NU1O

But at least you don't have to hear about the other station's old Window 95 Pentium II with 256 MB RAM....  Grin
NZ8V

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 08:24:32 PM »

I started using JT65 in 2011 using JT65-HF version 1.0.7.
When JT9 came on the scene, I switched to JT9 software but, just found the old JT65 software, more enjoyable to use.
I also tried updated versions on JT65-HF but, still found I enjoyed the 1.0.7 version I started with to be the best.
To me it's just a matter of the software the operator likes using.
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 06:20:08 PM »

I've wondered the same thing.  I like JT-9, have WAS award with that mode.  I made my first JT-9 QSO on 6 meters just this week.   I guess some just get comfy with JT-65 and don't want to try JT-9.   Both modes are great for QRP fun!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: