Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.052 MHz  (Read 458 times)
W6OP

Ignore
« on: September 23, 2007, 07:35:29 PM »

Is there some special significance to 7.052 MHz for CW operators. I've noticed for the past couple of weeks while the Dxpedition on St. Brandon has been operating phone on 7.052 split to 7.228 that there seems to be a lot of CW signals, calling CQ on that frequency while adjacent frequencies seem devoid of CW signals. Seems to get especially busy around gray line for the west coast just as St. Brandon gets strong enough for us to hear.

Pete W6OP
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:07:35 PM »

Frequencies around 7.050 have been used for a few years (at least) by QRS operators -- I've called that region "the beginner's sandbox".

Didn't know that it was causing trouble with a DXpedition.

Charles
W6OP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »

That's good to know. I need a good spot to practice my cw anyway. I'm sure there was no interference on purpose. They probably couldn't even hear them. I was just curious since there seemed to be so many ops in one place.

Thanks!
Pete W6OP
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 07:42:54 PM »

3B7C is gone, but still lots of CW around 7050. Not a bad place to start. I've heard some real slow CW.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: