Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-950 duplicate reviews  (Read 5436 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2012, 05:02:33 AM »

Their are 2 large groups of reviews for the same radio. One was started later as a PEP firmware was released. However, you have both owners of new rigs posting in the older version group, and vice versa, making the separation useless. I do not think they should have separate reviews for same models because of differing software, especially since the firmware is upgradeable. Suggest to merge them.
NA4M

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »

Their are 2 large groups of reviews for the same radio. One was started later as a PEP firmware was released. However, you have both owners of new rigs posting in the older version group, and vice versa, making the separation useless. I do not think they should have separate reviews for same models because of differing software, especially since the firmware is upgradeable. Suggest to merge them.

I agree.

Having these as separate categories made sense at one time.  But that time has passed.

i've combined them and will be eliminating the multiple reviews by same reviewers.

Phil NA4M
eHam Product Reviews Manager

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 04:32:24 AM »

I agree.

Having these as separate categories made sense at one time.  But that time has passed.

i've combined them and will be eliminating the multiple reviews by same reviewers.

Phil NA4M

Not sure if you can do this, but many 2nd reviews occur becuause they have to add or change their opinion. Maybe if the reviews were allow to add (not modify) to an existing review, and all to change their rating.

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »

I agree.

Phil NA4M

Not sure if you can do this, but many 2nd reviews occur becuause they have to add or change their opinion. Maybe if the reviews were allow to add (not modify) to an existing review, and all to change their rating.

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 08:06:01 PM »

Phil,

Another couple of rocket scientists started a new FT-950 review. I guess they could not find the other that already existed, that had 300 reviews.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: