Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WPX Awards via LoTW  (Read 4079 times)
N4OGW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 07:41:45 AM »

I have 116 WPX listed so far for 90,000 LOTW qso's. It is going to take a while Smiley

Tor
N4OGW
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 07:42:50 AM »

I called them about my fields not being populated on Monday. I talked to a lady there, who incidentally was the most pleasent person I have ever talked to. I told her that I only had about 53 populated and was wondering when all of my qso's would show up. I did not ask her to rush my call sign, but she offered. All my QSO'S were on the tables by Wednesday evening. 468 after 9 months of trying ain't bad.

I guess your wheel was a lot squeakier than mine because I still have only 158 showing this morning. Should have upwards of 1500 or so according to my local logbook. Not in a big hurry so I let them beat on it for a while longer before calling them up.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
K4BNC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 10:44:44 AM »

Mine is in the low forties.  What I have noticed is that as new QSLs come in, the count does go up.  It is just not yet going through all the existing QSLs.
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »

N2RJ, N4OGW, K4BNC, any others:

Thanks for your postings.  If you want to obtain a WPX Award (initial award, endorsement, etc.) then you need to formally request LoTW to first populate (update) your WPX Awards Table.  May be this is occurring, but it appears that they might be starting at the beginning of the callsign alphabet (1A, 2B, etc.) Grin

Once your WPX tables reflect the correct totals, you can then make an application.  I just successfully did a 2nd application and shortly thereafter I saw that the WPX Table selected column had populated with what I checked on my application.  Then just wait awhile (several days) until the Application is processed and you will see the "selected" cells move to the "awarded"cells.  Pretty neat.

73, Rich, K3VAT

W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 03:16:27 PM »

Good news .... ARRL finally fixed my LOTW account and I ended up with 857 WPX credits. Yippee!!!

Bad news ..... I took a look at applying just for the WPX MIXED award with no additional endorsements, etc and using all 857 credits, the cost was going to be $103 ..... a $103!!!!! I about fell off my chair. I would like to have a WPX award but it ain't gonna happen at that cost. That's insane. A single award for that much money. Guess that spot on the wall will remain empty for a long while.

Thanks but No Thanks.  Sad

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 03:38:43 PM »

Good news .... ARRL finally fixed my LOTW account and I ended up with 857 WPX credits. Yippee!!!

Bad news ..... I took a look at applying just for the WPX MIXED award with no additional endorsements, etc and using all 857 credits, the cost was going to be $103 ..... a $103!!!!! I about fell off my chair. I would like to have a WPX award but it ain't gonna happen at that cost. That's insane. A single award for that much money. Guess that spot on the wall will remain empty for a long while.

Thanks but No Thanks.  Sad

Gene W5DQ

As I posted earlier:
I did complain about the high cost since WPX requires so many QSLs. The cost is reasonable for DXCC. They responded as if insulted, I was questioning the value of LoTW. I have been a champion of LoTW, but the WPX costs are much too high.

You should complain to them too. If they get enough perhaps they will change the rates for WPX.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 05:48:31 PM »

My logging software says 1492 but I can't separate regular QSLs from LoTW QSLs.  My WPX account has me with 1188 Mixed.

I like that they are entering agreements with other organizations but I have zero interest in collecting prefixes.  I wouldn't mind seeing an agreement with the RSGB for IOTA awards.  At least they represent some exotic islands.

Chris/NU1O
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »

Is this thing (Obviously) still screwed up on LOTW! Angry Angry
I finally decided to check my WPX, being very bored........

My logging software shows me with 927 total mixed WPX and LOTW shows 94 total mixed.  Hmmmm Huh

Something smells.......

73, Gene AF3Y
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 05:05:38 PM »

Is this thing (Obviously) still screwed up on LOTW

Apparently if you want your LoTW WPX credits to be accurate, some human intervention is required.  Why this is the case is beyond me.  I haven't bothered with it myself.

Chuck  NI0C
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: