Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu Repair Service  (Read 2142 times)
KJ4I

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »

Anyone have any recent experience with Yaesu factory repair service? I don't know if they are just busy right now or what but my rig has been there for two weeks and they have not even looked at it yet. Called them last week and they said that a tech would be taking a look at it pretty soon. That was last Wednesday the 18th. In total the rig has been gone about 3 weeks now and it has not even been looked at yet. I might give them another call later this afternoon if I don't hear something. Just wondering if anyone else was experience delays in there repair time with Yaesu? Guess I'm just getting a little impatient and ready to get back on the air.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »

PARTS ..... for repairs -- have been and will continue to be an issue.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 07:57:11 PM »

remember the quake/tsunami in japan has affected lots of stuff from Japan, so not surprising.
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:10:35 AM »

Makes sense, fully aware of the situation in Japan but considering they haven't even put it on the bench yet to find out what parts it needs that shouldn't be the case. I suppose they just have a backlog of repairs.
NA0AA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »

They fixed my FT-8800 in a couple of weeks, they might just be busy right now.
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »

They finally got to it and said they thought they had the parts in stock and they wanted to get it fixed as quick as they could and get it back to me. Said they had a lot of repairs coming in lately and were pretty backed up.
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 09:33:58 PM »

Ham radio manufacturers should do like a shop I worked for a number of years ago.  They had two labor rates, one for routine service and one for expedited service.  Local government and public safety almost always used the expedited service.  There was a considerable difference in the hourly rate but the turnaround was MUCH faster.  Bet there isn't a ham alive that would use the standard service.  What a moneymaker that could be!
Tom
KJ4I

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 01:55:21 PM »

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Other than it taking a while they did a fine job with the repair. Can't complain really. Beats a previous experience that I had with Yaesu on a warranty product that they sent back to me still broken. At that time I had said that I would not send them anything else to repair but I ended up eating those words and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Everything turned out fine this time. I have dealt with other companies (not all necessarily ham related) that offer expedited service for an additional charge. Sometimes it's worth it and can make a big difference in turnaround time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: